Draft Talk

onejayhawk

9 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

To be honest, I'm reassured having traded our #1 for OB (strictly draft related). I honestly can't think of a guy out there that I would've been thrilled spending a first on. 

Exactly! I knew that by the time we got to our pick thered be slim pickings

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Excited to see the Broncos and Raiders making picks to move absolutely nowhere in this division. Chargers made a smart pick, sadly, though it would've taken an idiot to not take an offensive lineman in that FO.

Well...

don’t underestimate Elways ability to lure old All-Star QBs to Mile High.

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I was just answering the question on legit first rounders, i doubt we draft him or he lasts till our pick

Cool.

2 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Benjamin St-Juste has a good skill set for us at CB.

We pick #26 and #31 today. I don't see him in that group. 

3 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Pretty excited to see the talent still on the board as we head into round 2.

Surprised that Peyton Turner went round 1 and I thought the medicals would drop more than they did. Glad to see two RBs went in round 1. Alot of quality WRs right now, not to mention the OTs (which if we are content with bypassing the position will mean other players likely get pushed down to us). JOK still on the board?! That is surprising.

There was some significant reaching in round #1, as always. CB may have been the worst position, but four of the last five were Edge. 

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Exactly! I knew that by the time we got to our pick thered be slim pickings

I would have taken exactly who the Ravens took and been satisfied. Seven Edge were taken in round #1, if you count Collins. As much as we need DE, there may not be a reasonable one left. 

6 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I would have taken exactly who the Ravens took and been satisfied. Seven Edge were taken in round #1, if you count Collins. As much as we need DE, there may not be a reasonable one left. 

Yeah but i dont think the Chiefs would’ve been satisfied. They wanted to get a “real tackle” out of this draft. And the pickings are slim to say the least going into the late second.

might have to reach on DE next round, but in the grand scheme of things keeping Patrick upright is more important.

In Europe day 2 starts at 1am. That should be 7pm ET or 6pm CT. When do you think it's a chance that pick #58 will happen? 2 hours after the start? I guess they're not starting directly and have a few talks before. Ofc there is a chance for a small trade up. So u think it's enough to stand up 2 hours after the start to see the Chiefs picks?

42 minutes ago, Edge said:

In Europe day 2 starts at 1am. That should be 7pm ET or 6pm CT. When do you think it's a chance that pick #58 will happen? 2 hours after the start? I guess they're not starting directly and have a few talks before. Ofc there is a chance for a small trade up. So u think it's enough to stand up 2 hours after the start to see the Chiefs picks?

It's starts getting more streamlined as the draft goes on. I don't think it'll take a full 2 hours tho but I could very well be wrong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

It's starts getting more streamlined as the draft goes on. I don't think it'll take a full 2 hours tho but I could very well be wrong

Thx. I guess i'll do it with 1 and a half hour off, then.

• Like 1

I would welcome the competition Rodgers represents. 

I do not see a DE worth taking being available. There has to be a plan B for the edge rush. On the other hand, Creed and Landon both made it through the first round. Maybe a C. As always, OT is an option, as is LB, S, WR, TE, etc.

31 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I would welcome the competition Rodgers represents. 

I do not see a DE worth taking being available. There has to be a plan B for the edge rush. On the other hand, Creed and Landon both made it through the first round. Maybe a C. As always, OT is an option, as is LB, S, WR, TE, etc.

I dont want anything to do with Landon. Way to injury-prone