Draft Talk

onejayhawk

I stand by my belief that DE will be better next year purely from the fact it will be impossible for the coaching staff to play Tanoh. I can live with a Charlton/Danna rotation. Just would be nice to have something less speculative for depth than Ward and Harris.

14 minutes ago, odendin said:

I wanted Basham but Creed is good.

+1 Still, if we really wanted Basham, he was there when we took Bolton. He gives the middle of the defense a little physicality and instinct. I hope he and Gay work together well.

20 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Nah, different positions

Very different. 

11 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Getting a good DE is going to be near impossible without trading up.

At this point just get me Scary Terry and I'm happy.

I totally agree. We could have had Ossai or Perkins, but they must have another plan already going. 

4 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Creed is a left handed Center. I hope Mahomes is ready for this !

He will be. 

Tomorrow, it will be BPA all day, I think. We will likely get at least one DE, say Johnson or Dimukeje, but he will not be expected to start. We have Clark and Danna. Taco is a situational pass rusher. so we need at least two bodies. i am guessing a DT swings out, but that still leaves one. 

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

oh dam Creed is a left handed center WTF 😆

He better stay healthy if he goes down I can see that causing snap issues and a fumble

Be glad. If he was right handed, the Eagles take him at #37. that's if he makes it out of the first round. 

I feel sorry for Allegretti. Even with a Super Bowl start, he's looking at career backup. 

J

The Chiefs are serious about improving the o-line, that is for sure. Take a gander at Humphrey's Pro Day....really impressive. Extensive starting experience at a big-time program and impressive physical tools. Excited at the thought of Thuney-Humphrey-LDT/Long inside.

3 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Well, we scouted Wayne Hubert, DE, Kansas State. Hope he performed well for the scouts. Chance it will come late tomorrow's draft.

I think we still have a shot at a developmental EDGE like one of the FSU boys, one of the ND boys, or Gholston from Iowa.

28 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I stand by my belief that DE will be better next year purely from the fact it will be impossible for the coaching staff to play Tanoh. I can live with a Charlton/Danna rotation. Just would be nice to have something less speculative for depth than Ward and Harris.

While I'd love more depth in the rotation this year, I'm more concerned with having someone ready to go for 2022. There's no way we can keep Clark right now. That would leave us with only Danna under contract going into the year.

15 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Well, we scouted Wayne Hubert, DE, Kansas State. Hope he performed well for the scouts. Chance it will come late tomorrow's draft.

There's a few guys who we may have a shot at. But I think they're more depth/rotational guys than featured starters.

Elerson Smith, Patrick Jones II, Patrick Johnson, and maybe Hamilcar Rashed. But the last two are more DE/LB hybrid type guys.

I don't see Smith or Jones lasting til our next pick. The other two have a chance.

Edited by kingseanjohn

7 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

I think we still have a shot at a developmental EDGE like one of the FSU boys, one of the ND boys, or Gholston from Iowa.

True, but how soon. TK played about 70% of the snaps and Okafor was also getting about 30%. that's the full position. Danna can step up, but we either need a veteran FA or one of the DT to pick up slack.

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

While I'd love more depth in the rotation this year, I'm more concerned with having someone ready to go for 2022. There's no way we can keep Clark right now. That would leave us with only Danna under contract going into the year.

Not with another contract at the level of this one. I wish we could have kept Ogbah.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

There's a few guys who we may have a shot at. But I think they're more depth/rotational guys than featured starters.

Elerson Smith, Patrick Jones II, Patrick Johnson, and maybe Hamilcar Rashed. But the last two are more DE/LB hybrid type guys.

I don't see Smith or Jones lasting til our next pick. The other two have a chance.

I'm for getting one or two. If they can work into the rotation, more power to them.

Not the biggest fan of Bolton.   But I can see why.

Humphrey is nice.  We have a weird combination of players scheme wise,   But the depth is obviously there.  Humphrey will fit in somewhere for sometime.

Just got two long term starters, i think thats a win.

Bolton is gonna be solid in the middle or at Sam. Creed will be a rock at center for the next 10 years.

These are both guys who Ive seen mocked  to us in the first throughout the process so good value late in the 2nd

• Like 2