Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I thought Sample was 290 or at worst 280 so that weight is a little disappointing, love his motor though and those are solid times.  Patrick Johnson is a very underrated 3/4 OLB who can get after the passer and those are solid times for him as well.  

Bet all of this is pissing a lot of NFL guys off, having to fly all over to see these pro days instead of just going to the combine and you can see all these dudes all in person and do interviews and not have to travel at all.  Interesting who went to the Bama pro day then the Ohio State one, that 2nd Bama one had some big names there but Nick and Bill are best buds so sure that helps.  

35 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Cam Sample is a beast, I love that kid.

He looked fantastic in the Senior Bowl practices and game.  But the lack of production at a school like Tulane is concerning.

I wish I had access to game tape of his that wasn't just highlights.

1 hour ago, JiffyJag said:

watching this Mac Jones pro day is wild man

All these hotshot coaches for a guy who looks seriously unimpressive

It doesn't help that he looks like a huge dork but man

Those deep balls were......not good.

So much of his TV coverage really just smacks of a lot of these people wanting him to be something, the throwback, pocket passer, less athletic guy.  

They prattle on and on about all this stuff that cannot be quantified---game manager skills, frankly.  His vision, his smarts, his ability to play within the offense

If you watch ESPN, Mac Jones can split the atom while solving a Rubik's Cube, and the other QBs are getting by with physical gifts, yada yada yada.  

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Fields tends to stare down his deep reads but that might be more of a function of the tOSU offense. Also you cant just reference who you play(Wilson) and not mention who you play with(Fields). 

Again, tOSUs offense is operated off of a script, which tells you were the open windows are going to be based off of the coverage. He is staring waiting for the defender to clear......

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Again, tOSUs offense is operated off of a script, which tells you were the open windows are going to be based off of the coverage. He is staring waiting for the defender to clear......

I literally said it might be a function of the offense because he does it too much. 

That isn't going to work at the next level tho. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This concept comes from Ryan Day, Ryan Day coached in the NFL so.....

Oh word? I thought he coached in the CFL.

Staring down receivers and routes do not work in the NFL, they work against college defenses especially when you have the best players on the field. 

Just now, goldfishwars said:

I want Fields in New England no cap

How is that going to happen?  Better start working on a trade real quick, dude will be gone in the first four picks, maybe Atlanta will trade out but those other three are not moving.  Hell Fields could jump Zach Wilson to the Jets.