Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

My argument has nothing to do with adults being vaccinated, the medical world would agree on that.

It was whether she would be fine with her 6 year old being vaccinated, which she would not. She conducts studies as part of her job and is head of an entire school’s pharmacy department. So she carries a lot of credibility. Of course in a perfect world I would want to be comfortable with giving all three of my kids the vaccine. Who wouldn’t want peace of mind there?

I guess my question would be what specifically is the concern?  I don’t expect you to answer that, nor defend it btw.

And I get hesitancy for your kid without FDA approval or even EUA for that age group.  I mean once it gets the full stamp of approval, like every one of the other dozen or so vaccines her 6 year old would likely have.

I guess my point is “I have some questions/concerns” isn’t the same as “here’s data as to why”. People are hesitant to do all kinds of things, it doesn’t make the fear rationale or fact based.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I also don't begrudge them for it IF they are also vaccinated; but then don't mandate universal masks if the rest of us have. Flying on planes unmasked and working unmasked shouldn't be a luxury for politicians any more than it should be for me at this very second.

I can buy that. They should be applying them only to the unvaccinated at this point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Curious, what are your thoughts on people suggesting vaccinated people must wear masks, even outdoors?

BINGO

The same people smiling and eating at these events and flying on their chartered planes together unmasked.

Just like the same people smiling and eating at these events and flying on their chartered planes together unmasked and not vaccinated while advocating against mask mandates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

"please don't try to ask for data" has been your entire argument to this point, so it's not like we're changing course here. unfortunately, i don't find that terribly convincing. people certainly cross the border illegally with relative frequency. but how many people cross illegally on a monthly basis? do those people make up a significant portion of the unvaccinated in the communities that they enter? there's just no direct line here.

You do know you can't count something you don't see, right? That's why I said "don't ask for data"....

Yeah, "playing" was definitely the wrong word to use. Have a great day.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess my question would be what specifically is the concern?  I don’t expect you to answer that, nor defend it btw.

And I get hesitancy for your kid without FDA approval or even EUA for that age group.  I mean once it gets the full stamp of approval, like every one of the other dozen or so vaccines her 6 year old would likely have.

I guess my point is “I have some questions/concerns” isn’t the same as “here’s data as to why”. People are hesitant to do all kinds of things, it doesn’t make the fear rationale or fact based.

As for what her what her concerns are, I can’t answer that specifically. I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on medical background. Unlike my wife, I don’t work in a pharmacy department and I know my limitations. I did a zoom call with her in my wife recently where we talked about the different vaccinations and tried to be educated on this. For my wife, she has had two miscarriages, and she was advised not to do Johnson & Johnson. She started explaining complex, medical terms for why she’s not quite there with her kid, to which I just trusted what she was saying. I’m sure further study over time, that could change.

Edited by NateDawg

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

For the record, I know her and trust her, and will be doing what she says. The entire premise of what she said was "With the current trial and where the data stands now..."

...meaning when it becomes safe without the current risk factors she mentioned, she'll get her 6 year old vaccinated, as will we. Until then, we won't.

@LETSGOBROWNIES this actually falls in line with the article you shared, wherein the doctor said that they didn't know how many doses, how much, how often, etc. and that it wasn't ready yet. That was more or less her point, and essentially what Nate was stating without the background context.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Curious, what are your thoughts on people suggesting vaccinated people must wear masks, even outdoors?

Who’s suggesting that? And in what context?  

Walking down the street is very different than a crowded concert, sporting event, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm willing to around kids until they get the EUAs out.

Basically, the stance I've taken is that I wear mine around crowds, dangle it on my ear when 6+ feet can be done, and out of respect for others in certain settings where they may be uncomfortable otherwise. That's just me I suppose.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

B/c I don't think there's any damn chance they're testing every single person crossing the border and that's easy to prove b/c people cross the border illegally on a monthly basis. Please don't try to ask for data on that......... 

What’s more likely? People crossing the border and going all the way to Florida to spread the disease, or the governor’s bad policy decisions?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You do know you can't count something you don't see, right? That's why I said "don't ask for data"....

Yeah, "playing" was definitely the wrong word to use. Have a great day.

generally, when i claim something, i like to be able to prove it. maybe you're different!

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

As for what her what her concerns are, I can’t answer that specifically. I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on medical background. Unlike my wife, I don’t work in a pharmacy department and I know my limitations. I did a zoom call with her in my wife recently where we talked about the different vaccinations and tried to be educated on this. For my wife, she has had two miscarriages, and she was advised not to do Johnson & Johnson. She started explaining complex, medical terms for why she’s not quite there with her kid, to which I just trusted what she was saying. I’m sure further study over time, that could change.

Yeah like I said, I don’t expect you to defend her statements.

As far as pregnancy, there’s definitely some truth in her statements iirc,  particularly with J&J.  The other two are now recommended.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Basically, the stance I've taken is that I wear mine around crowds, dangle it on my ear when 6+ feet can be done, and out of respect for others in certain settings where they may be uncomfortable otherwise. That's just me I suppose.

Yeah I mean if someone is asking me to and I'm not making the rules, I'll put it on because I'm not gonna have a meltdown in public over a piece of cloth on my face. I swam my entire life, just rock it over the head like a goggle strap and I barely know it's on.

But I'm just done emotionally at this point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES this actually falls in line with the article you shared, wherein the doctor said that they didn't know how many doses, how much, how often, etc. and that it wasn't ready yet. That was more or less her point, and essentially what Nate was stating without the background context.

No, I get that and that’s a reasonable concern.  I mean, there’s a reason it hasn’t been authorized yet, and that’s ok.  Get the data and go from there.