Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

If we had more private and charter schools and weren’t trying to cram as many kids as possible into public schools that might alleviate some of the problem.

Or funded public education whatsoever. Charter schools around here are an absolute joke. So are private schools that pay their teachers $19K starting out.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

24 kids in his class. The dude is lucky tbh. The fact that this made national news when I’ve seen this happen in 10x worse situations is hilarious. My friend next door had 3 kids left after a 3 day Covid domino done with a positive student.

Also, I have no idea about his school, but our HR and administrative staff told us to come to work unless we had a fever over 100.3, and please feel free to take masks off when direct instruction takes place.

I’m glad it made the national news actually. Shows that even a class with a small number of students, 6 feet distance, and air filters means nothing if everyone doesn’t mask up. And in the teacher’s case, also be vaccinated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I’m glad it made the national news actually. Shows that even a class with a small number of students, 6 feet distance, and air filters means nothing if everyone doesn’t mask up. And in the teacher’s case, also be vaccinated. 

That’s fine, but let’s indict the system as opposed to the teacher here. That’s what’s hilarious. 

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That’s fine, but let’s indict the system as opposed to the teacher here. That’s what’s hilarious. 

How about I indict both equally? Unless there’s a medical issue, she should have been vaccinated. And she should have had her mask on.

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

If we had more private and charter schools and weren’t trying to cram as many kids as possible into public schools that might alleviate some of the problem.

Why stop there? Kids need to do a better job of eating better and exercising more so that they can’t get Covid 😂

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Why stop there? Kids need to do a better job of eating better and exercising more so that they can’t get Covid 😂

I don’t think eating better and exercising keeps you from getting it. I think it just makes it much less likely that you’ll have a bad outcome from it. 

20 minutes ago, Xenos said:

This is a good subject though. A lot of parents need to stop feeding their kids garbage.

And no one knows when or even if COVID is going away or how effective the vaccines will be against future variants. So if you haven’t already, LOSE WEIGHT! 

11 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

This is a good subject though. A lot of parents need to stop feeding their kids garbage.

And no one knows when or even if COVID is going away or how effective the vaccines will be against future variants. So if you haven’t already, LOSE WEIGHT! 

Someone should tell this guy he needs to work harder to be fit.

https://www.kktv.com/2021/08/25/fitness-coach-oxygen-using-wheelchair-after-2-month-covid-19-battle/

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Xenos said:

How about I indict both equally? Unless there’s a medical issue, she should have been vaccinated. And she should have had her mask on.

Right on the vaccination. Wrong on the mask. Please see above. She was directly instructing students and doing what literally every teacher in America has been taught to do over the last 18 months.

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I do shake my head every time I see an overweight kid. An adult being overweight is their fault and their decision, but a kid overweight is 100% on the parents. There is zero excuse for it what so ever. 

As for your vaccine comment, vaccines will always be quite effective against Covid because while Covid mutates, the spike protein doesn’t mutate. 

Everyone on the planet will be exposed to covid at some point, and likely have a breakthrough case even if it takes them 5 years. However, with the vaccines, their symptoms should be more mild. Once they have a breakthrough case, they will also develop natural antibodies (unless someone wants to correct me on that) and that natural immunity/antibodies will last way longer, and much more effective. So those with breakthrough cases will no longer have much of a need for boosters. There has been many studies against Delta that previous infection is up to 3-4x more effective than the vaccines at preventing infection entirely. 

You still want the vaccines though because you never know how Covid is going to effect you the first time. It’s much better to get sick as a breakthrough case than have a case with zero vaccine protection. 

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Right on the vaccination. Wrong on the mask. Please see above. She was directly instructing students and doing what literally every teacher in America has been taught to do over the last 18 months.

What are you talking about with regards to masking?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/operation-strategy.html

27 minutes ago, Xenos said:

You sound like the people who don't want to get vaccinated bc they found those who got the vaccine and still caught covid. Just making sure you're aware of that. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1