Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Question for those playing the "fat people are the problem" card:

- Can you tell me what your A1C is?

- Can you tell me what your HDL/LDL counts are?

- Can you tell me what you Triglyceride count is?

If not, you probably need to look into that. Being overweight is something everyone needs to work on, but being not obese doesn't immediately eliminate you from potential high risk factors such as diabetes, heart disease, etc.

(Granted, I'm sure we're dealing with a group of doctors who all graduated from John Hopkins in this thread... so I'm sure this was factored into any sort of response).

TLO had his bloodwork done in February 2020 and my numbers were pristine tbh. And I still got a vaccine because I’m not a ******* idiot (which is bigger issue than BMI iyam).

nobody is more pro normal BMI levels than the MoL, but the “just lose weight” take is absurd. 

• Like 7

.....................results suggest that patients with the Delta variant had more than two times the risk of hospital admission compared with patients with the Alpha variant," according to the U.K. study. "Emergency care attendance combined with hospital admission was also higher for patients with the Delta variant, showing increased use of emergency care services as well as inpatient hospitalization.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid19-delta-variant-hospitalization-risk-unvaccinated-study/?fbclid=IwAR2zLc9c_CnSBqblrlzXMgEWZWVw85tt2CU9LEbgyHjj6AEpD2S9MiAkdGg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Wait the very last paragraph makes no sense. It should be much more than 70% of an eligible population.

Meanwhile, almost 60% of those eligible in Los Angeles County have been vaccinated so far — still short of the 70% experts say is needed for herd immunity.

2 hours ago, TLO said:

TLO had his bloodwork done in February 2020 and my numbers were pristine tbh. And I still got a vaccine because I’m not a ******* idiot (which is bigger issue than BMI iyam).

nobody is more pro normal BMI levels than the MoL, but the “just lose weight” take is absurd. 

No one is saying “just lose weight” and “don’t get a vaccine”. Pretty sure no one is saying don’t take the vaccine, or magically lose tons of weight. People are super exaggerating what was said in here and being downright drama queens (probably mostly overweight). 

All that was mostly said was if most of the country was in-shape, hospitalizations would be much much lower. Most adults who are under 50 in the hospital are usually overweight which wrecks your immune system. What was being said was simply nothing more than food for thought, and that if some people want better natural immunity next time while there are no vaccines, you could, you know… take care of your body and have some respect for your body. 

I am also a huge advocate for happiness as well. Whatever makes people happy, they should do that. If alcohol, bad food, and no exercise makes someone beyond happy in life and they don’t care about weight, what matters most is they are living a happy life. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

No one is saying “just lose weight” and “don’t get a vaccine”. Pretty sure no one is saying don’t take the vaccine, or magically lose tons of weight. People are super exaggerating what was said in here and being downright drama queens (probably mostly overweight). 

All that was mostly said was if most of the country was in-shape, hospitalizations would be much much lower. Most adults who are under 50 in the hospital are usually overweight which wrecks your immune system. What was being said was simply nothing more than food for thought, and that if some people want better natural immunity next time while there are no vaccines, you could, you know… take care of your body and have some respect for your body. 

I am also a huge advocate for happiness as well. Whatever makes people happy, they should do that. If alcohol, bad food, and no exercise makes someone beyond happy in life and they don’t care about weight, what matters most is they are living a happy life. 

I don’t disagree with your general premise. It’s just an irrelevant stance to take at this juncture.

If my aunt had a *******, she’d be my uncle. 

Edit: didn’t realize that’d be censored tbh

Edited by TLO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TLO said:

I don’t disagree with your general premise. It’s just an irrelevant stance to take at this juncture.

If my aunt had a *******, she’d be my uncle. 

Edit: didn’t realize that’d be censored tbh

No one should ever disagree with getting yourself in better shape and eating better lol. It's not going to stop this virus either. This **** isn't going away though so why not getting yourself in better shape, get yourself vaccinated, and put yourself in the best situation possible for when you're inevitably exposed to it? 

These nitwits showing the exception to the rule doesn't change the rule.

My grandma smoked like a chimney and did absolutely nothing physically her entire life, lived til she was 82. I have several aunts and an uncle that are raging alcoholics, smoke a pack a day, and do nothing for their health. They are all in their mid-60s to 70s and show no signs of vacating this earth, even if I want them to (seriously, my family sucks). Not even cancer has been able to take these ****ers down.

Sometimes...just sometimes...living a long life is embedded in your genes. Outside of getting murdered, committing suicide and being involved in accidents, I haven't had a single family member that has died before the age of 80. So you ****ers are stuck with me for a looooooooooooooong time. Oh, and it doesn't get better as we age, folks. We are the Kardashians of alcoholics. We are never going away.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Vaccinated people are going to the hospital too. They're also spreading it to others. You're trying to use the exception as the rule, just like the anti-vax crowd. Y'all are more alike than you think. 

There's literally zero denying that a healthy lifestyle lessens the severity of covid and a myriad of other potential health issues. List all the exceptions you want to but it's not going to change a thing. 

I just want to be thin enough the ICU Dr wont have to think about whether he could get an air way in. 

Icelands data had 43% of people as infected but not symptomatic. 

I think being healthy iis helpful, but it seems like there is a huge amount of just pure chaos as to who gets infected, who gets symptoms and who gets really sick. 

I saw some data the other day that shows that vaccinated people have a 25-50 lower mortality rate. 

Iceland's data had .03 mortality rate, the vaccine gives you a hell of a good shot at beating delta. 

.03 is pretty high too that is 3 people in 1000. I know more than that many people I dont want any of them to die.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

- Can you tell me what your A1C is?

- Can you tell me what your HDL/LDL counts are?

- Can you tell me what you Triglyceride count is?