Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

45 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So I guess the argument there would be lobbyists are trying to lobby for a vaccine that doesn't work, despite it being clinically proven to work? Like, it still doesn't add up. Lobbyists can still exist within the simple reality that the government doesn't want people to die.

Everyone is looking for some big conspiracy all the time, while the obvious answer is right in their face: 'they' can't bleed you dry if you are dead. It is in 'their' best financial interests to keep you alive, full stop.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, titanrick said:

The government wants everyone to get the flu shot each year too.  But they don't fire people who refuse it.  It seems to me that the basis for ramping up the governmental coercion is based on how deadly this virus is, which is based on the number of deaths, hospitalizations, etc.

This is untrue. There are MANY states, companies, and industries that REQUIRE a flu vaccine YEARLY in order to be employed. For instance, if you are a travel nurse you would be hard pressed to find an assignment that does not require a current season flu shot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I mean. Rogan tested negative like a few days after getting it and Rodgers looks fine rn. Some people like taking advice from people who actually accomplish things. Some people like taking advice from people who read and theorize. 

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, titanrick said:

You sound very dismissive and condescending.  I don't know if you intend to sound that way or not.  I suppose if your intent is to have like-minded individuals congratulate you on your beliefs, this works well.  If you want to have an honest discussion with people who may not agree with all of your opinions (and actually change someone's mind), this approach does not work well.

The only differences you named between the flu and COVID were the number of deaths, which was exactly my point, and "economic repercussions".  I don't know how many dollars each life is worth so I can't speak to that.

Probably because he’s tired, like many of us, of the flu and Covid comparisons. There’s unfortunately no comparison between the two. Covid is more contagious and deadlier. The joys of a novel virus.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is untrue. There are MANY states, companies, and industries that REQUIRE a flu vaccine YEARLY in order to be employed. For instance, if you are a travel nurse you would be hard pressed to find an assignment that does not require a current season flu shot. 

Actually, this does remind me. My Fiancee worked as a traveling Medical Scribe a few years ago, and she was required to have her seasonal flu shot. I remember because i remember her telling me about going in to get all of her shots updated.

Do with that information what you will.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Everyone is looking for some big conspiracy all the time, while the obvious answer is right in their face: 'they' can't bleed you dry if you are dead. It is in 'their' best financial interests to keep you alive, full stop.

Yes. Healthy and dead are useless to big pharma.  Just don't forget the healthy part.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean, please don't compare COVID to the Flu. Has the Flu ever had MASSIVE economic repercussions? Has the Flu mutated rapidly and killed three quarters of a million people over a two year span?

I mean, come on man haha. This is nothing like the Flu so it shouldn't be compared to the flu. This also isn't the first Vaccine that will be mandated, and it won't be the last. 

With all due respect, no one knows how many people died of coronavirus.  We maybe know how many died with coronavirus.  Even that is up for debate.   I'm sure I'll get flack for just saying that, but what I also find interesting is that somehow those same statements seem to work when people die, or are maimed, after getting the shot.  

3 minutes ago, PackFan4Ever said:

With all due respect, no one knows how many people died of coronavirus.  We maybe know how many died with coronavirus.  Even that is up for debate.   I'm sure I'll get flack for just saying that, but what I also find interesting is that somehow those same statements seem to work when people die, or are maimed, after getting the shot.  

Always funny to see an antivaxxer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PackFan4Ever said:

I've always found this critique to be lacking considering the increase in deaths in 2020, generally, were commensurate with reported covid deaths.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2