Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The answer is that a functioning hospital needs staff who don't see COVID patients.

The overall hospital capacity can stay the same, but some COVID beds need to become regular beds and the COVID patients who may feel they need them can refer to the Facebook research that got them there for their treatment options.

The next question is why we haven’t seen more hospitals do this?

27 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Always confirm in duplicate, so you have 2 pos/1 neg or 1 pos/2 neg, and can reasonably assume the 1 is the false result.

Eh, I only had one home test kit on hand

im playing it safe and assuming I’m positive and following the protocol as if I am 100% confirmed. My work is did what they normally do and let my close contacts know. We’re all vaccinated and stay masked so hoping it’s all good with them

I get a paid week off, wouldn’t want a negative to screw that up

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Xenos said:

I don’t see an easy solution to any of this unfortunately. You have healthcare isolate for 10 days and it screws over the people who need medical attention. But if you have them return too early then you spread Covid even more.

We're following the CDC guidelines, but we're now recommending every worker in patient care settings to wear a kn95 or better. Probably should've done that when Delta hit. Surgical masks seemed to hold the fort down well vs the other variants, but we have had some patients catch Delta from our nurses. 

• Like 1

Dr put me on 10 day home quarantine starting from day 1 of symptoms. 

Day 5 now. Recovering nicely. Still a horrendous sore throat. Way worse than a normal sore throat. 

Headache and Upper Muscle pain only lasted the 1st day and disappeared. 

Had a Fever ranging from 103-104 the first 3 days, but my fever broke completely. 

Just this throat is horrible. Eating and drinking is quite difficult. 

Edited by BayRaider

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

When over 20% of your students are absent due to illness this week...

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

We've had 50% of the nurses on one of the units I cover catch it over the course of the past few weeks. Omicron is no joke. Contagious as hell!

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

It’s okay though. Everything is going according to plan and they’re helping to let it run rampant 😆

At this point it's inevitable and the CDC's new protocols have also made it as such to a degree. It seems as though they saw their opportunity and took it with lessening quarantine guidelines/restrictions and such. I'm just hoping something crazy isn't discovered however many years from now for those of us who have had it multiple times in under 2 years.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

At this point it's inevitable and the CDC's new protocols have also made it as such to a degree. It seems as though they saw their opportunity and took it with lessening quarantine guidelines/restrictions and such. I'm just hoping something crazy isn't discovered however many years from now for those of us who have had it multiple times in under 2 years.

It's a catch 22 I think. If they didnt scale it back, business and floors would have to shut down. However, you are right, it is likely causing more spread too. I think its riding that fine line of being too lenient but lenient enough to not cause total shut down. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

With 180 days in the school year, each kid gets 8 hours of your undivided time per year. Wow dude.

"Why are teachers leaving the profession? Why are people so cynical?"

Did I mention the 5 different preps I get to teach? I also tutor from 6:45-7:45 AM 4 days a week with Friday before school reviews for my other classes.

At least in my 2 college classes it's not nearly as big of a deal and it's not the fault of most local districts, but these factors are just overwhelming. It's best not to think about it, do everything you can the best that you can, and then when that clock hits, I go home and be a husband/father and leave work at work, otherwise you go crazy.

• Like 1