Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t disagree.  I’m on record here months ago saying no one should be waiting for a hospital bed that’s being taken up by an unvaccinated (without medically viable reasoning of course) covid patient.  If Toe Hogan and Facebook memes have got you this far, let them take you to the finish line.

But that’s never gonna happen.

This so much.  What really needs to happen is the people with the power to force the naive from one boat to the other need to do so.  The naive need to be shown they are not navigating either boat. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

That's interesting. But you don't actually think that such a pandemic would last forever, right? That such a thing would be inconsistent with what we know about pandemics?

In the history of pandemics, when a vaccine became available everyone took it and the disease was eradicated. IE: polio. The other major difference is the sheer scale of infection. Literally never been seen before. For instance polio effected 58,000 people in the US. There have been 70 million cases in the US of COVID. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

In the history of pandemics, when a vaccine became available everyone took it and the disease was eradicated. IE: polio. The other major difference is the sheer scale of infection. Literally never been seen before. For instance polio effected 58,000 people in the US. There have been 70 million cases in the US of COVID. 

Very interesting. Thanks.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
Added the word "Very". I found the information very interesting.

13 hours ago, Xenos said:

Sounds harsh and unrealistic but that’s really the only solution. Taking care of both things abroad and domestically.

Yeah, if all that’s the ONLY solution, then we were doomed from the get go.

What I wanna know is where are all the n95 masks are at, and why would the world participate in any Olympics in China of all places? That’s bizarre to me. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

16 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

That's interesting. But you don't actually think that such a pandemic would last forever, right? That such a thing would be inconsistent with what we know about pandemics?

What’s with the attempted strawman?  I think what I said was pretty clear.

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I've also sort of wondered this: do you guys feel that a vaccinated and boosted individual that puts himself/herself in close proximity to others without wearing a mask is also responsible for furthering the spread of COVID?

Even if I didn’t think that they did, I’m almost certain you leading us to the answer you’re looking for with your question would have gotten me there.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I just found your "there is no viable solution" line to be a bit extreme and sort of confusing. You clarified. I understood.

By viable I meant enforceable and something everyone would agree on.  We have plenty of otherwise viable solutions, but we (as a society) choose not to utilize them to their full capacity.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I've also sort of wondered this: do you guys feel that a vaccinated and boosted individual that puts himself/herself in close proximity to others without wearing a mask is also responsible for furthering the spread of COVID?

I think based on the actual numbers from the CDC and the percentages of infected, that it plays a part but a very small part.

However the Omicron strain which is a product of too many unvaccinated spreading the virus and it having a chance to mutate is going to affect far more people regardless of Vax status.

I also think the reduction in quarantine requirements was a huge mistake.

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I mean, if they are in a different boat, they aren't drilling holes. They are cold and are lighting fires in a wooden boat and the flames and sparks are hitting the other boat. 

I prefer my Titanic analogy

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even if I didn’t think that they did, I’m almost certain you leading us to the answer you’re looking for with your question would have gotten me there.

Dude. I'm just looking for conversation. Pump the brakes.

I've noticed a trend where some seem to think that "all unvaccinated are doing bad" and "all vaccinated are doing good", and I don't agree. Any person that takes zero precautions right now, despite knowing that they can still get and spread COVID, is doing the population a disservice.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think based on the actual numbers from the CDC and the percentages of infected, that it plays a part but a very small part.

However the Omicron strain which is a product of too many unvaccinated spreading the virus and it having a chance to mutate is going to affect far more people regardless of Vax status.

I also think the reduction in quarantine requirements was a huge mistake.

But... I guess that's my point. If a vaccinated and boosted individual can knowingly get and spread COVID to others, and takes no precautions to prevent that spread, aren't they part of the problem? (Even if there's a lesser chance of that taking place.)

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Any person that takes zero precautions right now, despite knowing that they can still get and spread COVID, is doing the population a disservice.

Probably. I'm also in major Covid fatigue. I'll listen to anyone who has a "my kid(s) are under the age of 5, my preexisting condition won't allow me to get the vaccine (see: my mom who has/hd cancer can't get it), or due to my kids between 5-11 getting Covid multiple times and that 90 day window has been reset so they aren't fully vaccinated" arguments, but past that, I'm over this whole thing. Sorry, you've had your chance.

I'm going to go about living my life, starting after this school year for myself, my wife, and my kids.

If 2 separate administrations can't figure it out in 30 months, that's on them and I'm punting on all of it after everyone that's in my house who is eligible gets the vaccine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

But... I guess that's my point. If a vaccinated and boosted individual can knowingly get and spread COVID to others, and takes no precautions to prevent that spread, aren't they part of the problem? (Even if there's a lesser chance of that taking place.)

I'd argue that they've at least somewhat taken precautions by getting the vaccine in the first place, and if they spread to those who aren't vaccinated, oh well tough luck. They wanted their own freedom and here it is.