Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

7 hours ago, Xenos said:

Key quote especially the bolded part. Helps to actually read what you’re posting.

Oh I'm well aware but when it was said by some at the time it was blasphemy even when taking the vaccine wearing off into account. Just like now how they're saying in Europe that too many jabs in a short amount of time is no bueno.

that one seems a little bit more common sense though. I mean most jabs that exist shouldn't be re administered very close together. 

ex: if I get the 2nd Phizer shot, I shouldn't get another pshiser shot too close together 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Oh I'm well aware but when it was said by some at the time it was blasphemy even when taking the vaccine wearing off into account. Just like now how they're saying in Europe that too many jabs in a short amount of time is no bueno.

that one seems a little bit more common sense though. I mean most jabs that exist shouldn't be re administered very close together. 

ex: if I get the 2nd Phizer shot, I shouldn't get another pshiser shot too close together 

What are you talking about? The natural immunity versus vaccination debate? 

And there’s specific timelines to get your booster shot here: 2 months after J&J, 5 months for Pfizer, and 6 months for Moderna.

• Like 2

One of the new CDC reports analyzed data from hundreds of thousands of emergency room visits, urgent care visits and hospitalizations between August 2021 and Jan. 5, 2022. It showed that a third dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna shots reduces the chance of hospitalization by 90 percent compared to unvaccinated people, and reduces the chance of a trip to the emergency room by 82 percent. The data covered a period that includes three weeks when omicron was the predominant variant.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I can say with relative confidence that I will be getting an annual booster as opposed to every 6 months from here on out just like with my flu shot.

We don’t know the timeline if there is a 4th shot. Though it does sound like an annual thing versus another 6 months.

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

We don’t know the timeline if there is a 4th shot. Though it does sound like an annual thing versus another 6 months.

I’m just speaking from personal experience. I’m going to do an annual, nothing sooner after this booster I just got.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xenos said:

What are you talking about? The natural immunity versus vaccination debate? 

And there’s specific timelines to get your booster shot here: 2 months after J&J, 5 months for Pfizer, and 6 months for Moderna.

Yes I know about the timelines But in other countries, they tried cutting our timelines basically in half and it had a bad effect. That's all I'm saying with that.

16 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Yes I know about the timelines But in other countries, they tried cutting our timelines basically in half and it had a bad effect. That's all I'm saying with that.

What countries? 

According to an article from Harvard Med, the downsides to getting a booster too early are that the immune response is weaker and the side effects are more common (NOT more severe). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

What countries? 

According to an article from Harvard Med, the downsides to getting a booster too early are that the immune response is weaker and the side effects are more common (NOT more severe). 

Here’s what I could find. Seems like it was in response to fighting Omicron, as opposed to the response to Delta earlier in the year.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-threatens-global-surge-some-countries-shorten-covid-19-booster-timelines-2021-12-20/

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

Just received word that I'm a close contact with someone that I worked next to for 8 hours on Friday. They're pretty sick and their whole family has it now. Really hoping I didn't get it but I am a bit achy today. Although that isn't necessarily uncommon since I was on my feet for all 8 hours plus 7 more on Saturday.