Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

56 minutes ago, ET80 said:

THIS sort of research, though?

There is tangible knowledge that's required to even begin understanding what is where.

@ramssuperbowl99 is in this industry and breaks it down to simple terms, same as @Shanedorf. I'll choose to trust their opinion on this over yours, as much as I would choose to listen to your opinion over theirs in relation to Engineering-related topics (not sure what sort of engineer you are, so I'll leave it open ended in that respect).

It's one thing to question, but it's another thing entirely to dismiss tangible experience and knowledge.

/respect

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm not the one incorrectly calling it a symptom mitigating booster shot like many have in this thread but whatever helps you sleep at night bud. 

I'm not sure what helps me sleep at night

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Whiskey. Japanese Whiskey helps me sleep at night.

I've decided to go all of February without having any alcohol. I'm trying to detox my body a bit to see if that helps. I've had some pretty major issues waking up between 2-3 AM and not falling back to sleep lately. I can't turn off my mind.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I've decided to go all of February without having any alcohol. I'm trying to detox my body a bit to see if that helps. I've had some pretty major issues waking up between 2-3 AM and not falling back to sleep lately. I can't turn off my mind.

Part of the deal is waking up early. I can't sleep past 4:30 even on weekends, but 2-3 is nuts.

You working out and doing all the standard "sleep better" stuff?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Part of the deal is waking up early. I can't sleep past 4:30 even on weekends, but 2-3 is nuts.

You working out and doing all the standard "sleep better" stuff?

I think it's a culmination of things:

1. My 3 year old for the last month aside from the last week has woken me up those times each night. She gets scared and disoriented.

2. I just turned in my coaching letter of resignation yesterday, and that was weighing pretty heavily on me. The new coach offered me a spot on his staff, but a lot went down (not on him at all, totally outside factors like community, etc.) that made me realize that I couldn't come back. 

3. The emotional fallout from that was pretty severe, and I more or less went through the "stages of grief" on all of that. Athletics have been a HUGE part of my life and moving on into a new chapter of uncertainty and just "different" feels weird.

I'm hoping that working out and clean eating helps, but I've slept like a baby the last two nights, so I'm hoping that I was internalizing some of that stress.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think it's a culmination of things:

1. My 3 year old for the last month aside from the last week has woken me up those times each night. She gets scared and disoriented.

2. I just turned in my coaching letter of resignation yesterday, and that was weighing pretty heavily on me. The new coach offered me a spot on his staff, but a lot went down (not on him at all, totally outside factors like community, etc.) that made me realize that I couldn't come back. 

3. The emotional fallout from that was pretty severe, and I more or less went through the "stages of grief" on all of that. Athletics have been a HUGE part of my life and moving on into a new chapter of uncertainty and just "different" feels weird.

I'm hoping that working out and clean eating helps, but I've slept like a baby the last two nights, so I'm hoping that I was internalizing some of that stress.

Yeah each of those would make sense as explanations individually.

And I'm sorry you can't coach any more. That sucks. There's no other way to put it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah each of those would make sense as explanations individually.

And I'm sorry you can't coach any more. That sucks. There's no other way to put it.

I appreciate it. At some point you have to look around, reassess your core values and philosophies, double check to see if they still align, and when they don't, it's time to move on for everyone.

I'm going to miss the relationships with student athletes, my friends who are coaches, and the football schematic aspects, but at the end of the day, it's time I'll figure out with my wife and 3 kids. It'll definitely look different and I'm going to have to find a way to fill that void, but other than that, maybe it's also coming back after there's some time off (a year or so).

What's super weird is that I had 3 people call me up on job related things yesterday after I turned in the letter of resignation for coaching, one of whom wanted me to interview for a coordinator position that I didn't apply for. It always feels good to feel wanted, but now isn't the right time or phase of life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I wouldn't expect anyone with a background in pharma to even post an article like that, much less consider it valuable. There's so much basic information missing/wrong (like...you know...the concentration where they saw efficacy), and it doesn't even look like it's novel research.

It feels like a repeat of the Hydroxychloroquine argument. We’ll have some new miracle Covid drug after ivermectin as well.

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's one thing to question, but it's another thing entirely to dismiss tangible experience and knowledge.

oh c'mon dude, haven't we entered an era where Truth and Fact are just what you believe them to be? and then substantiated by reading an internet posting that agrees with you?

what's all this hubbub about science and research and stuff?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

It might. Sleep expert Matthew Walker says that alcohol is detrimental to sleep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I appreciate it. At some point you have to look around, reassess your core values and philosophies, double check to see if they still align, and when they don't, it's time to move on for everyone.

You don't have to write that so flowery here. We get it. We've seen videos of parents these past 2 years (and the preceding 10 tbqh).

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

What's super weird is that I had 3 people call me up on job related things yesterday after I turned in the letter of resignation for coaching, one of whom wanted me to interview for a coordinator position that I didn't apply for. It always feels good to feel wanted, but now isn't the right time or phase of life.

Ohhhh yeah that's tremendous for the ego. Then comes summer and you'll get it again when people vent to you about how your replacement isn't up to standard.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You don't have to write that so flowery here. We get it. We've seen videos of parents these past 2 years (and the preceding 10 tbqh).

I was on a school computer when I wrote that, LOL.

43 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ohhhh yeah that's tremendous for the ego. Then comes summer and you'll get it again when people vent to you about how your replacement isn't up to standard.

I’m honestly expecting an angry/belligerent phone call from the President or VP of the football club…not joking.

• Like 2