Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

11 hours ago, StatKing said:

I found rotating between edibles and smoking helps to keep your tolerance at a reasonable level.

This could be related to the first pass effect, since THC metabolites still have activity and may bind to other CBD receptors (stimulating CBD1 receptor activity).

Not sure if data exists to prove it yet (though this would be worth studying IMO).

Should be free:

Analysis: Americans have lost 13.5 million years of life during the pandemic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/02/03/covid-omicron-variant-live-updates/

A Johns Hopkins study says 'ill-founded' COVID lockdowns did more harm than good.

A Johns Hopkins study says 'ill-founded' COVID lockdowns did more harm than good | Health News Florida (usf.edu)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BakeSpeaks said:

I struggled with sleep for most of my life, and have really only been able to sleep consistently with MJ. When I have found my tolerance increasing, I just take stop for a bit and (1-2 weeks) and continue.  

Thats what I meant by "take a break". 

Are there sleep aids that function differently? anything i've used has made me groggy and did not work for very long. 

Sleep has been the number one issue in my life for 20 years. MJ can certainly help induce sleep, provided it’s indica or hybrid but people tend to get less restful sleep and are prone to waking earlier than hoped.

4 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Sleep has been the number one issue in my life for 20 years. MJ can certainly help induce sleep, provided it’s indica or hybrid but people tend to get less restful sleep and are prone to waking earlier than hoped.

Yeah obviously my experience is anecdotal. But I have tried other sleep aids, all of them made me hella groggy.

• Like 1

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-study-offers-strongest-proof-yet-of-vitamin-ds-power-to-fight-covid/

In June, researchers published preliminary findings showing that 26 percent of coronavirus patients died if they were vitamin D deficient soon before hospitalization, compared to 3% who had normal levels of vitamin D.

They also determined that hospitalized patients who were vitamin D deficient were 14 times more likely, on average, to end up in severe or critical condition than others.

Wish they would’ve shouted this from the roof tops a long time ago because it wasn’t a big secret.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-study-offers-strongest-proof-yet-of-vitamin-ds-power-to-fight-covid/

In June, researchers published preliminary findings showing that 26 percent of coronavirus patients died if they were vitamin D deficient soon before hospitalization, compared to 3% who had normal levels of vitamin D.

They also determined that hospitalized patients who were vitamin D deficient were 14 times more likely, on average, to end up in severe or critical condition than others.

Wish they would’ve shouted this from the roof tops a long time ago because it wasn’t a big secret.

Vitamin D doesn’t make a lot of money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Or maybe get vaccinated instead and avoid going to the hospital altogether? No one’s saying you can’t do the other things like take vitamins and exercise as well. It’s just better that your foundation is the vaccine.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Or maybe get vaccinated instead and avoid going to the hospital altogether? No one’s saying you can’t do the other things like take vitamins and exercise as well. It’s just better that your foundation is the vaccine.

Why is the vaccine even relevant here? Those numbers are staggering. We’re not talking about something difficult like changing your entire lifestyle and trying to lose 100 pounds(although living a life of solitude is equally difficult for some people and no one had any problem asking people to do that…just sayin). We’re talking about something very simple and cheap that could save your life. Everyone should know about it. Everything that isn’t the vaccine isn’t a threat to the vaccine.

• Like 7

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Why is the vaccine even relevant here? Those numbers are staggering. We’re not talking about something difficult like changing your entire lifestyle and trying to lose 100 pounds(although living a life of solitude is equally difficult for some people and no one had any problem asking people to do that…just sayin). We’re talking about something very simple and cheap that could save your life. Everyone should know about it. Everything that isn’t the vaccine isn’t a threat to the vaccine.

I see reading comprehension is not your strongest suit. I answered everything in the original post you quoted.

• Like 2

Respirator masks, or N95 and KN95s, offer the best protection against contracting coronavirus in indoor spaces, according to new Centers for Disease Control Prevention study released Friday.

British researchers are studying whether existing antiviral therapies can be repurposed to treat coronavirus patients, Oxford University announced Friday.The team of researchers from Queen’s University Belfast, the University of Liverpool and Oxford will start by studying 138 existing drugs “with known antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2 to assess and identify combinations that enhance their antiviral potential,” and will recommend the most effective combinations to British health officials for clinical trials.

An omicron-tailored version of Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine generated similar immunity in monkeys as a booster of the original vaccine, according to a new pre-print study that suggests a variant-specific shot may not yet be needed.

CDC plans to let people with weakened immune systems get a booster earlier. Agency officials presented the anticipated changes Friday during a meeting of the CDC’s outside vaccine experts on the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. The updated guidance is expected to be released Monday.

On 2/4/2022 at 10:47 AM, TVScout said:

U.S. public health officials are expanding their monitoring of Covid-19 in sewage, which has become a crucial early warning for surges of new cases.

The U.S. Is Expanding Its Hunt for Early Warnings of Covid in Sewage (msn.com)

Interesting. In Canada we’ve been monitoring waste water since early in the pandemic.