Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

25 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Thank you or the response.  Those shots/vaccines were/all FDA approved, not EUA.   

What I was getting at is that I've bit my tongue long enough on Social media and even some forums where people are flippant about how we handle this with our kids.   I live in Illinois and we finally had a Judge overturn the Governor's Mask Mandate for our schools.  Now, schools can do what they want (Mask mandatory or Mask Optional), but they can no longer hide behind the "Whelp...Gubner' said mask-up...we just follow orders, bubba".

Our school district?  Mask Optional.  It's only been two days and the same, small but vocal contingent of parents are throwing a complete stink that there isn't a mask mandate.  The loudest ones do not have/no longer have school-aged kids.   No one is stopping anyone from wearing masks or vaxing their kids... go nuts.   At this point, I'm starting to think some of these people that are hard-up for mask/Vax mandates are not doing it out of fear for anyone's health anymore.  If they want to role play, again, go nuts, but when it comes to my kids, I'm not going to step aside. 

I’m sorry but hiding behind the excuse that the vaccine is EUA and not FDA approved, even though they’ve been shown to be safe and effective is honestly silly. And it’s a big part of why we can’t seem to get pass this pandemic.

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I’m sorry but hiding behind the excuse that the vaccine is EUA and not FDA approved, even though they’ve been shown to be safe and effective is honestly silly. And it’s a big part of why we can’t seem to get pass this pandemic.

also ironic that he mocks schools for following government guidelines then hides behind a technicality from a federal entity that isnt even true anymore for adults. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Cool.   If only we all got Jab #3, this would all go away.  Opinion noted.  

No one is stopping you or your kid from staying masked or getting a jab every 4-6 months.  Go nuts. 
But where did you inherent this belief that you should have any say in my Family's life?    

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Cool.   If only we all got Jab #3, this would all go away.  Opinion noted.  

No one is stopping you or your kid from staying masked or getting a jab every 4-6 months.  Go nuts. 
But where did you inherent this belief that you should have any say in my Family's life?    

When your bad choices not only affect you and your kids, but also others. That’s the difference between you and me. I care about my child and want to protect him. But I also care about others and want to do my best to protect them also. Because you know, this may sound like a crazy concept, but we live in a society and certain decisions affect others negatively. Especially true during a pandemic. 

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

When your bad choices not only affect you and your kids, but also others. That’s the difference between you and me. I care about my child and want to protect him. But I also care about others and want to do my best to protect them also. Because you know, this may sound like a crazy concept, but we live in a society and certain decisions affect others negatively. Especially true during a pandemic. 

Mind your own business. You sound like my neighbors. They’re always complaining about me throwing away my fry oil over the fence because it “kills their flowers.”  I tell them to dispose of their **** how they want, but don’t tell me how to live my life.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Mind your own business. You sound like my neighbors. They’re always complaining about me throwing away my fry oil over the fence because it “kills their flowers.”  I tell them to dispose of their **** how they want, but don’t tell me how to live my life.

Sounds like my old neighbor. I told her to mind her own business. If I want to play music on max volume at 2am, that’s my prerogative and I don’t care how thin the walls are, or how young her baby is. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Yeah that guilt angle went out the window in the late summer once it became clear that the "vaccines" do not stop you from getting or spreading the virus.  I was convinced to get the Vaccine to "protect my elderly Parents" from getting sick from me.  That turned out to be BS.
 Then the narrative turned into, well, you won't be hospitalized. Oops.  Well, you won't Die.  That's not even true either.   Get the booster to protect you from Omicron?  Oops.  Have the experts admitted that these regular masks (non-N95+) don't filter aerosols yet? If not, that will be coming. 

The Goalposts have been on casters.  You can stay on this ride for as long as you want, though.  The "Safe and Effective" and "Do it for everyone else" slogans are tired and empty.  

And with that, I'll just mosey on out of this echo-chamber and head to the car thread.  

P.S. Don't delete this thread.  We need these receipts for later. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Yeah that guilt angle went out the window in the late summer once it became clear that the "vaccines" do not stop you from getting or spreading the virus.  I was convinced to get the Vaccine to "protect my elderly Parents" from getting sick from me.  That turned out to be BS.
 Then the narrative turned into, well, you won't be hospitalized. Oops.  Well, you won't Die.  That's not even true either.   Get the booster to protect you from Omicron?  Oops.  Have the experts admitted that these regular masks (non-N95+) don't filter aerosols yet? If not, that will be coming. 

The Goalposts have been on casters.  You can stay on this ride for as long as you want, though.  The "Safe and Effective" and "Do it for everyone else" slogans are tired and empty.  

And with that, I'll just mosey on out of this echo-chamber and head to the car thread.  

damn you seem stupid as hell lmao

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Have a nice day Karen!

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Thank you or the response.  Those shots/vaccines were/all FDA approved, not EUA.   

What I was getting at is that I've bit my tongue long enough on Social media and even some forums where people are flippant about how we handle this with our kids.   I live in Illinois and we finally had a Judge overturn the Governor's Mask Mandate for our schools.  Now, schools can do what they want (Mask mandatory or Mask Optional), but they can no longer hide behind the "Whelp...Gubner' said mask-up...we just follow orders, bubba".

Our school district?  Mask Optional.  It's only been two days and the same, small but vocal contingent of parents are throwing a complete stink that there isn't a mask mandate.  The loudest ones do not have/no longer have school-aged kids.   No one is stopping anyone from wearing masks or vaxing their kids... go nuts.   At this point, I'm starting to think some of these people that are hard-up for mask/Vax mandates are not doing it out of fear for anyone's health anymore.  If they want to role play, again, go nuts, but when it comes to my kids, I'm not going to step aside. 

I work at a school here in Arizona. We've been mask optional since April 2021. The world kept ticking and the kids were fine.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

This forum and thread showing once again, if you have the “correct opinion” you can say whatever you want. 😂

Its not an opinion when facts are provided, substantiated, and proven. That's the real disconnect. It's not that opinions arent welcome, its that disinformation and falsehoods will be tossed out as the worthless, detrimental garbage that it is. 

• Like 9