2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

52 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Possibly a name to keep an eye on. Would be a decent WR3, and instantly give the Vikings vertical threat. 

Yeah Vikings need a burner with deep speed and he is exactly that, and I feel he is pretty damn motivated to perform since he has been out of the NFL for a little and had such medical issues with his young child.  

• Like 2

I really want some of the teams drafting before us to start signing WR free agents so JaMarr Chase and DeVonta Smith start falling in the draft.  We can always trade back up into the 2nd to address OL.  The late 1st and 2nd round OL talent pool is pretty deep this year.

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Personally, I’d rather draft a WR 1st round then rely on Goodwin or a player like Jackson or any of these veteran burners. 

I would not advocate for using another 1st on WR when we will still be going with a run first offense.  We won't get the utilization of said player. They could very well be the 5th option (Cook, Adam, JJ, Irv)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I really want some of the teams drafting before us to start signing WR free agents so JaMarr Chase and DeVonta Smith start falling in the draft.  We can always trade back up into the 2nd to address OL.  The late 1st and 2nd round OL talent pool is pretty deep this year.

Maybe if you give up next years second or first round pick I really don't believe teams are as eager to move out of the second round into the mid third round as you think.

10 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I would not advocate for using another 1st on WR when we will still be going with a run first offense.  We won't get the utilization of said player. They could very well be the 5th option (Cook, Adam, JJ, Irv)

I’m just an advocate of giving Kirk as many weapons as possible. 
I was basically hinting at there really isn’t a WR that will come at WR3 pay that I think helps the team.