2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d love to see Alexander back in a Vikings uniform. Of the 3 departing CBs last year, he was the one I was most disappointed to lose. 

Also, it would be hilarious to get the guy back while the team gets a 6th round comp for him in the draft. 

Happened with Weatherly, technically, right?

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Well yeah, but with depth I honestly don’t care. He was very solid under Zimmer. Knows his scheme, and wouldn’t be some extremely expensive option. 

A cornerback room consisting of 

Cam Dantzler
Jeff Gladney
Mackensie Alexander
Mike Hughes
Kris Boyd

plus, undoubtedly, another mid round CB would be a CB group with some crazy talent and potential. 

32 minutes ago, RpMc said:

See ya. 

That was an absolutely ridiculous take by Mr. Penguin.  You'd think he'd have been watching the Timberwolves franchise for 30 years the ways he's describing the Vikings, who have been in the playoffs as many times in the ZImmer era than the Jaguars have since Tom Brady was drafted.  

14 hours ago, Frank Costello said:

Yeah, you're being extremely picky and IDK why.

I said the closest thing to drafting a successful day one DE we had was Barr who could easily play DE in a 3-4. What in the world is so hard to comprehend about that? 

Yes saying DL can mean either or but I clearly was pointing out DT's by mentioning only DT names. Are you bored or do you pick at straws for fun this late at night? My god this is why I don't come to these forums. Dudes over analyzing stuff they can't even comprehend in the first place. 

MF dont try talking down to me.   Just because you don't know how to say what you're trying to say.  

So I guess we should just start referring to RB's, WR's & TE's as Flex right?  Theres quite a bit of difference between 2 positions, if you can't handle that then the internet isn't the best place to be.  Its not over analyzing its being correct but go ahead and keep crying

Just now, Boda said:

MF dont try talking down to me.   Just because you don't know how to say what you're trying to say.  

So I guess we should just start referring to RB's, WR's & TE's as Flex right?  Theres quite a bit of difference between 2 positions, if you can't handle that then the internet isn't the best place to be.  Its not over analyzing its being correct but go ahead and keep crying

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo ok bro. Sorry your reading comprehension is at a level of a preschooler. Send me a message if you really wanna talk tough we can put a end to that REAL quick. 

10 minutes ago, Boda said:

9 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo ok bro. Sorry your reading comprehension is at a level of a preschooler. Send me a message if you really wanna talk tough we can put a end to that REAL quick. 

Easy fellas. Keep this kinda talk out of here.

17 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Easy fellas. Keep this kinda talk out of here.

I was good til he came out of pocket. then he messaged me like I was going to be a scared little kid to only find out thats what he is ... lol 

All apologies GW but I ALWAYS give the same respect as given

Edited by Boda

2 minutes ago, Boda said:

I was good til he came out of pocket. then he messaged me like I was going to be a scared little kid to only find out thats what he is ... lol 

All apologies GW

Frank only comes out a few times a year. Not worth arguing with because it'll be months before he responds. 😁

He's a nice guy mostly.  

• Like 1

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/defensive-tackle/

According to this Tomlinson is the highest paid DT so far in free agency.  Honestly he is way better than any of the other DTs signed I feel especially if you look at pass rushing and run stopping.  

Will be curious what Suh gets, he was 1 year $8 mil last year, Tomlinson is getting $11 mil with the Vikings.  Curious what Ogunjobi and Rankins will get and Suh is pretty old but still good.  Malcolm Brown who is a good solid player only got 2 years $11 mil total.  I liked him and he provides a little pass rush, was not great on the Saints but was very good on the Patriots.  Curious why he got so little but Tomlinson was more consistent last year I feel.

Still looking at the clips of Tomlinson and the other DTs in free agency, Vikings possibly might have got the best DT available considering the age of Suh.  A few lists had him as the highest ranked free agent DT in the NFL.  So in that regard Vikings hit it big, just the guy is not a big name yet but could be after this season with the Vikings.

Pretty freaking sweet, under the radar signing but dude can ball.  Guess I should have watched the Giants a bit more but honestly rarely if ever did the past few seasons.  Really with how poorly most young DTs play, this was a great move instead of getting a DT in the 3rd round.  Barmore could have worked 1st round but is not as dominant against the run as Tomlinson was and not as proven or experienced either of course, also would be a little reach at 14 anyway.  

• Like 3