2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

I'm perfectly content with a DT room that includes:  Pierce, Tomlinson, Watts, and Lynch.  The draft is shaping up to be pretty weak in terms of IDL, so it's nice to have the need there sorted out beforehand.

Edited by RpMc
weak/week
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

If I’m only getting a guy for 2-3 years, I think I’d rather have William Jackson III.

2nd this. Personally Jackson is probably better to me when he was 100% healthy. Hes just been fighting that.

And like someone said previously, that's typically one of the kind of guys we target.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

Is there any downsides for either side on doing this? 

Vikings get cap space now that will be added to subsequent years, but with the expected cap increase, probably not a huge deal.  Thielen still gets all of his money, but gets more of it NOW as opposed to later.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Well, they only have 3 OL that can start at even a mediocre level, I'd think a good OL would be pretty impactful at this point.....

A CB transforms the defense and allows Zimmer to actually run his defense, which is usually top 5. The Vikes fielded a top 5 offense with that OL we love to criticize and missed the playoffs. Defense has to be the priority if playoffs are important. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

A CB transforms the defense and allows Zimmer to actually run his defense, which is usually top 5. The Vikes fielded a top 5 offense with that OL we love to criticize and missed the playoffs. Defense has to be the priority if playoffs are important. 

Not to mention the strength of this draft class is along the offensive line, and pretty weak along the defensive line. 

10 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I'm perfectly content with a DT room that includes:  Pierce, Tomlinson, Watts, and Lynch.  The draft is shaping up to be pretty weak in terms of IDL, so it's nice to have the need there sorted out beforehand.

And they’ll undoubtedly draft another mid to late round DT.