2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Not to mention the strength of this draft class is along the offensive line, and pretty weak along the defensive line. 

Not to mention we didn't have the cap space to sign 2 offensive lineman that are at a higher tier level and try and fix the defensive line in a weak draft class

11 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

A CB transforms the defense and allows Zimmer to actually run his defense, which is usually top 5. The Vikes fielded a top 5 offense with that OL we love to criticize and missed the playoffs. Defense has to be the priority if playoffs are important. 

They don't have last year's starters back..... and, we are talking about additional signings past what they've done. And, they get two starting DL back....

9 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Not to mention we didn't have the cap space to sign 2 offensive lineman that are at a higher tier level and try and fix the defensive line in a weak draft class

2? The post I responded to was about the next FA signing..... not fixing the whole team.  They don't have the money to do what they've done and add a great CB either.  

Edited by PrplChilPill

35 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

Dont see Griffin coming here at all. If Zim was prepared to enter last year with 2 rookies, he's surely prepared to enter this year with a couple of sophomore's and MORE rookies. I think that's why we are pushing to bring Harris back. He keeps some stability in the backfield. 

I don't think Zimmer wants to go through another year like last year where he has to dumb down the defense and can't trust his corners

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

2? The post I responded to was about the next FA signing..... not fixing the whole team.  They don't have the money to do what they've done and add a great CB either.  

I think the strategy is simple. Stop the run (Tomlinson and Pierce) and have a deep group of CBs. Everything else should fall in place after that, which was pursued in FA. Obviously, the CB didn’t work out so they will be leaning on the young CBs, which is dangerous. It seems that it’s easier to rely on young OL versus young CBs, so I get the approach. 

maybe now they add an OG in free agency, since the plan to add a top CB failed.