2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Aren’t Alexander and Gladney basically the same player? Or would Gladney not be the slot CB and focus on outside only? 

I think you’d let Alexander try his hand on the outside (it’s what he wanted in the first place). Gladney is just built better for the slot. Plus, he’s got the proper mindset to play nickel corner. 

Edited by SemperFeist

1 minute ago, Viking Penguin said:

Wow, get ready to be the bottom feeders for awhile, there is something wrong with this team. FAs wont touch the Vikings, done cheering for a team that people dont even want to play for. Wake up guys, something rotten is going on. Is it the coach?! Is it the QB?! I dont know, but whatever the issue, THAT needs to change. We are the league joke. We lost our CB target to the Jaguars?!!!

Only so much can be done with the cap space given. We cannot be giving a player 10m in cap space if we only have that left. Overall, if the Theilen restructure and the Hunter situation clears, we will have a better cap situation for better or worse in the case of Hunter.

7 minutes ago, Viking Penguin said:

Wow, get ready to be the bottom feeders for awhile, there is something wrong with this team. FAs wont touch the Vikings, done cheering for a team that people dont even want to play for. Wake up guys, something rotten is going on. Is it the coach?! Is it the QB?! I dont know, but whatever the issue, THAT needs to change. We are the league joke. We lost our CB target to the Jaguars?!!!

See ya. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Viking Penguin said:

Who Griffin?  Sure that hurts but the Jaguars have some of the most money to spend in the NFL, top 3 I believe.  And the Patriots who have done the best in free agency arguably have the most money to spend according to this list.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2021/

So not a big surprise they are able to sign guys with money they have.  Vikings have only $4 mil cap space according to that list and they signed one of the better up and coming DTs in the NFL who was pretty dang under the radar.  That dude could become a great player for us and is what we need.  Would it be nice to get more but if they can somehow swing keeping Anthony Harris overall that would be huge for this team.  

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Who Griffin?  Sure that hurts but the Jaguars have some of the most money to spend in the NFL, top 3 I believe.  And the Patriots who have done the best in free agency arguably have the most money to spend according to this list.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2021/

So not a big surprise they are able to sign guys with money they have.  Vikings have only $4 mil cap space according to that list and they signed one of the better up and coming DTs in the NFL who was pretty dang under the radar.  That dude could become a great player for us and is what we need.  Would it be nice to get more but if they can somehow swing keeping Anthony Harris overall that would be huge for this team.  

I’m Griffins case, he’s from Florida. And they have no state income tax so makes sense.

17 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Aren’t Alexander and Gladney basically the same player? Or would Gladney not be the slot CB and focus on outside only? 

Alexander is more smooth in coverage, Gladney is a better tackler but clearly not as experienced in this system.  They are not the same player and versatility is never a bad thing.  Not sure Gladney was slot that much, he was outside corner with Dantzler a lot and that Jones dude was the slot I thought.  When they had Boyd I think Gladney played slot some more, Boyd helped or if Hughes was healthy he could play slot but clearly that is never going to happen and Hughes gets hurt constantly.

Still if Alexander is around and they could get him cheap I would be open to it, not like corner is totally set on anyone anyways.  

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’m Griffins case, he’s from Florida. And they have no state income tax so makes sense.

Yeah that is a big deal the not income tax, and Vikings could not afford 3 years $40 mil anyway, that is $13 mil a year.  Honestly seems a little low for a good young corner like him.  

8 minutes ago, RpMc said:

On the Alexander front. 

I’d love to see Alexander back in a Vikings uniform. Of the 3 departing CBs last year, he was the one I was most disappointed to lose. 

Also, it would be hilarious to get the guy back while the team gets a 6th round comp for him in the draft. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Well yeah, but with depth I honestly don’t care. He was very solid under Zimmer. Knows his scheme, and wouldn’t be some extremely expensive option.