2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Guess I’d rather put that money to better use like a new Hunter deal than sign some free agents who may not be worth the cost. I’m sure there is a balance to strike, still would like a veteran CB added to the mix and OG is lacking.

100% agreed. Frankly, I'm hopeing a Hunter extension (using up some good cap space) is the first shoe to drop, so it kind of handcuffs Ricks ability to spend (badly). And be left with small additions like Mac Alex CB on a (2 year deal) for example. I don't want Rick to do anymore damage to future years, when he might/should be gone at the end of the year.

Edited by CriminalMind

OL: Reiff (not ruling out a return), Trai Turner, Austin Blythe, Nick Martin, Ethan Pocic, Forest Lamp

CB: Mackensie Alexander, Adoreé Jackson, Casey Hayward, Desmond King, Desmond Trufant 

S: Anthony Harris, Keanu Neal, Malik Hooker, Kenny Vaccaro, PJ Williams

There are still plenty of good players available. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

OL: Reiff (not ruling out a return), Trai Turner, Austin Blythe, Nick Martin, Ethan Pocic, Forest Lamp

CB: Mackensie Alexander, Adoreé Jackson, Casey Hayward, Desmond King, Desmond Trufant 

If we could pick up a vet from each position on that list i'd be a very happy man. 

Fill immediate needs in FA and BPA in the draft 

40 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Lamp, Neal, and Jackson would be a nice haul, and then a receiver in the Keelan Cole type.

I mean..... we keep saying Lamp would be a nice haul..... but is he really?

also we could have enough money to basically get in with Harris with a couple void years.... which id prefer over Neal

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

but is he really?

I think it depends on your expectation. He’s not Thuney, or Zeitler. And it’s possibly he’s no more than Elflein. 

But the potential still appears to be there. Missing, basically, the first two years of his career with injury, and not having a real offseason in the year he was healthy has probably stunted his development. 

For me, guys like Lamp and Pocic are guys who have shown flashes of what they can do, but just need to get more consistent. 

It’s a gamble.

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I think it depends on your expectation. He’s not Thuney, or Zeitler. And it’s possibly he’s no more than Elflein. 

But the potential still appears to be there. Missing, basically, the first two years of his career with injury, and not having a real offseason in the year he was healthy has probably stunted his development. 

For me, guys like Lamp and Pocic are guys who have shown flashes of what they can do, but just need to get more consistent. 

It’s a gamble.

I would be on board with Lamp or Pocic, but only if they were to come cheaply and on a short contract. For it to actually get to that point (possibly), may take some more days to come off the calendar.

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s a gamble.

Lamp played the most snaps at guard last year. 1174. Allowed 2 sacks, and only 1 penalty. 

I honestly didn’t even know he was a starter last year. For the draft buzz and love around all draft nerds, me included, I figured there would be more talk for him. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Those OL just don’t do anything to move the needle, except for Reiff. I’d go all in for Hudson though, we’d be getting a proven commodity.

Id welcome Alexander back too. I’m fine if they want to do a cheap deal with Harris. Anywhere near last year is overpaying.