2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

36 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Umm...can Bradbury play guard?

Bradbury is pretty average (and thats giving him too much credit). We reached for him in the draft sadly. Very terrible in pass protection. I would be 100% down with moving him to RG, and trying to hide him there, if we could add a legit good Center in the middle.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

In response to someone looking for the WR market right now...I still think the Vikings will eventually bring in a guy like Keelan Cole.  It's a bad market for them right now because of the depth in the draft.  2 straight years of a good to great draft for WRs will do a number on the FA market.  

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Bradbury is pretty average (and thats giving him too much credit). We reached for him in the draft sadly. Very terrible in pass protection. I would be 100% down with moving him to RG, and trying to hide him there, if we could add a legit good Center in the middle.

You can't "hide" a right guard, IMO, they're most often left 1 on 1 with the opposing team's #1 interior rusher due to offensive sliding protection to the QB's blind side on anything other than quick game.

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

You can't "hide" a right guard, IMO, they're most often left 1 on 1 with the opposing team's #1 interior rusher due to offensive sliding protection to the QB's blind side on anything other than quick game.

I’d think you’d try Bradbury at LG and prioritize RG in the draft (or LT if you like Cleveland at RG which I am not a fan of doing).

Just now, swede700 said:

I'm not ready to throw Bradbury under the bus right now.  Have I expected more to this point?  Sure...but, this is year 3...this is the year where we should truly know who he is.  

And why can’t he a be an OG if that’s how it works out in the end?

18 minutes ago, RpMc said:

That's true.

My "hide" comment was more geared towards RG being more run blocking oriented than pass blocking oriented (on balance of probabilities). Bradbury definitely below average in pass blocking. Good fit for Dalvin Cook, not great fit for Cousins

22 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Adoree Jackson was released. Can he play? Seems like a peculiar move for TN.

HIs 5th yr option would have been guaranteed tomorrow, which is why they released him now.  His draft year was the last yr that the 5th yr options were guaranteed on the 1st day of the league year of the 5th yr, now it's guaranteed when the option is actually picked up...so if Hughes' 5th yr option were picked up this year (which it won't), then it's immediately guaranteed.  That's not the case with Jackson.

The more I watch him the more I think yeah that Tomlinson signing was absolutely outstanding!

I kind of forgot he was a 2nd round pick, thought he was picked a little later than that.  He really did open things up for that Bama D and made guys like Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams look like stars on the edge.  

1*EEVTVbF_paNNnJvwNOkpxQ.gif

He has a surprising jump off the football in pass rush situations and could do even better in a 4/3 opposite Pierce with Hunter on the edge which could free him up a lot.  

giphy.gif

And always have to like the run D which they were pretty awful at last year.  

giphy.gif

The dude could be amazing for the Vikings potentially, especially if he has that much motor off the ball, lot quicker than I thought he would be, is not just a run stopper.

Also curious if the Vikings bring back Alexander.  I think he might be cut pretty soon, he or Waynes and same situation if he can be brought back cheap, especially Alexander who is a free agent this year.  Bengals just brought in Awuzie at CB to start and Mike Hilton to be the starting nickel so that means Alexander is probably out and will not be signed.   I assume they let Jackson walk and leave so maybe Waynes would stick around as the other corner.  Still I would love bringing back Alexander.

Edited by Ozzy

Wow, get ready to be the bottom feeders for awhile, there is something wrong with this team. FAs wont touch the Vikings, done cheering for a team that people dont even want to play for. Wake up guys, something rotten is going on. Is it the coach?! Is it the QB?! I dont know, but whatever the issue, THAT needs to change. We are the league joke. We lost our CB target to the Jaguars?!!!