Bears extend DE Mario Edwards (3 years, $11.55M)

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He didn't really have a memorable season, but he's a good player. Kind of a weird move by Pace considering all the other work that needs to be done. 

All our backup D line were set to be free agents tomorrow. Good idea to lock up probably the one with the most upside. He's one of the better pass rushers on the interior D line for this team. 

Edited by GOGRIESE
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Seems to do a lot more than RRH has been able to do so far.

Let's not forget that many of us were singing RRH praises last year too, and he seemed to disappear.

I wonder if RRH built on his momentum from 2020 and carried it into 2021 then would Edwards even be signed right now?

Either way, good potential depth on the line is always good.

15 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Hopefully he can expand his role and keep similar impact. Honestly he might be take the starting spot from Quinn if Quinn cant bounce back. 

I have a theory or suspicion that Quinn and Trevathan and probably a number of guys throughout league did not adequately prepare for season due to Covid world.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Let's not forget that many of us were singing RRH praises last year too, and he seemed to disappear.

I wonder if RRH built on his momentum from 2020 and carried it into 2021 then would Edwards even be signed right now?

Either way, good potential depth on the line is always good.

I've always liked RRH. He was a good guy and did everything the coaching staff asked, just was never a premier guy like I hoped for. I'm glad he got paid... Deserves every penny.

• Like 1