2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

76ers are good, should have beat Houston last time as well. 

Champ, your boys are going to miss the playoffs huh? Damn shame...

Not looking good right now my dude. Obviously still early and the offense may click soon. Not fun to watch at all for the time being. 

Just now, champ11 said:

Not looking good right now my dude. Obviously still early and the offense may click soon. Not fun to watch at all for the time being. 

Jokic starting to dominate and it doesn't matter. Funny thing is before today, the defense hasn't been all that bad either. It's been average and that's all we hoped it would be with a top 3-4 offense.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jokic starting to dominate and it doesn't matter. Funny thing is before today, the defense hasn't been all that bad either. It's been average and that's all we hoped it would be with a top 3-4 offense.

Yeah I mean Jokic individually is completely fine. He's that dude. But he's not having the same effect on games and I think that is a result of how he's being used. Last year the Nuggets were just slicing people up for easy buckets and open looks and this year the offense is clunky as hell. Couple things - 

1. Millsap hasn't impressed me offensively and he hasn't clicked in w/ the offense. Not sure if it's worse spacing or him needing the ball more and wanting to initiate the offense or what.. 

2. They lost their main AC, Chris Finch, who apparently was responsible for a lot of the offensive success. He's in NO and apparently they look great. I'm still not sure about Malone, but overall I think I can look at the coaching and question how the offense can be so much worse than last year. Also the team is very deep so getting the rotation down isn't easy

3. Murray had a slow start, but finally got it going the last two games so that is super promising. Nelson is pretty much cooked, but still was a smarter presence at PG and could knock down open shots. Mudiay is getting better, but will still have absolutely brutal stretches. 

4. Chandler has been very meh. Gallo was much better than him last year. Hopefully he can step it up bc I believe he is a talented player.

So yeah those are my thoughts lol. I'm hoping the offense starts clicking again soon, but I just don't know if things work like that. The defense has been better and I still love the young guys, but it's frustrating to see the team play like this after seeing the offense last year. 

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Cleveland is in real trouble. The roster isn't great. A lot of overhyped vets in Smith, Rose, Korver and Wade. They have no young talent. Love not thriving in the number 2 role. They are in salary cap hell. 

Golden state is bored. It might cost them the one seed. The bench is old and not that great. But they will win the finals in under 20 games. 

At least we have the usual suspects. Carry on my brethren. Carry on. 

Brethren?  Yeah no

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Milsap is a good player, I'm confident he will get it going.

Really, it comes down to the guards. They have been inconsistent but if Murray starts playing well then this team should be fine. 

Yeah he's had 26 and 20 the last two games so I'm hoping he keeps it rollin'

Archived