2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

32 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

That's how you do it. I drop a few dollars on some somewhat long shots most nights. I bet $5 and won $65 on something  just last week. Just be smart and maybe go against your instincts once in a while. Philly upsetting Houston the other day lost me some cash. 

Yeah I shoulda bet more than $2.50 but I ain’t a big baller.

felt pretty good about all my picks except for my Suns but glad they pulled though. 

Lakers/Pistons was the most obvious Laker W ever. Pistons used up all they got beating LAC and GSW

3 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Yeah I shoulda bet more than $2.50 but I ain’t a big baller.

felt pretty good about all my picks except for my Suns but glad they pulled though. 

Lakers/Pistons was the most obvious Laker W ever. Pistons used up all they got beating LAC and GSW

I ain't a big baller either haha. $5 is my standard bet. I'll bet more on the NFL. Sometimes I'll go safe but sometimes I'm making a shot in the dark parley that pays off $450 and just hope. 

No need to put huge amounts of money on something if you'll regret it if you lose. It sucks knowing you won thinking you should have put more but it also sucks putting a lot more on it and then losing you'll regret that more. 

8 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

His effort is *** for sure. Still think he has talent but as of now yeah he's not great.

Which sucks because post ASB last year he was pretty damn good. Not sure what happened to him but it started in summer league

Nah, Chriss was never good last season. He's just not good period.... At least not yet. 

Bledsoe not being there anymore was the best thing to happen to Booker. Not just because he plays with a guy who holds the ball less, but his responsibilities increase in the process. His passing is starting to improve, though he has a few terrible turnovers every game. And his ball handling has to get better. Really hope he ends the season shooting in the 44-45% range. Would be a solid step in the right direction. 

Booker vs Beal today.... 

• Averaging 7.3 3-point attempts per game, which, for context, is more than Reggie Miller ever averaged in a season
    • Averaging 13.6 rebounds per game, which, for context, is more than Tim Duncan ever averaged in a season
    • Averaging 5.9 assists per game, which, for context, is more assists than any center has averaged since Wilt Chamberlain did it in the 1968 season. (Wilt averaged 8.6 assists per game that year, which was good enough to lead the entire NBA.) (Wilt also led the league that year in rebounds [23.8!], free throw attempts, win shares, and field goal percentage, among other things.) (Wilt was truly unbelievable.)
    • Averaging 29.4 points per game, which, for context, is more than Hakeem Olajuwon ever averaged in a season
    • Averaging more than two blocks per game for the first time in his career
    • Averaging 1.6 steals per game, which is tied for the highest average of his career (he averaged 1.6 steals for the 2015-16 season)

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The Lakers game last night lasted like 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Flew by cause the Pistons only shot 3 free throws (2 of those coming with like 30 seconds left in the game).

I think it took ~18 minutes (game minutes, not real time) before either team took a ft.

18 hours ago, Knowledge said:

He just started shooting the 15 footer with confidence last game and was knocking them down. I expect the range to improve over time. The form isnt bad 

Simmons is weird. He's got a soft touch that would suggest that his form should develop, but that's not the way his shooting has gone. I'd like for him to project out like that, but his free throw shooting is concerning. A guy with such smooth hands should be able to hit more than fifty percent at the line.

Dunno. I like Simmons a lot, and he's still got a very high ceiling even if the shot never develops. I want it to, but it's concerning.

Archived