2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

4 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I am hoping Kawhi gets back soon. Apparently Parker said he's 3 weeks away.

Leonard is three weeks away? Wow, dude is going to miss up until Xmas pretty much. Spurs have been weird with the injury and haven't really given too many details of what Kawhi is dealing with. 

But of course it won't matter with the Spurs as they will still hold down a top 3 seed until he returns.

Golden State has won its past two games by a combined 64 points, despite being without Kevin Durant. They've been just fine without KD in the lineup, having won 19 straight games including the playoffs when he doesn't play. Over the past two seasons, the Warriors actually have a better win percentage (.846 vs. .817) and average scoring margin (plus-12.2 vs. plus-11.7) without Durant.

*Snort

They still are old have some issues, but the bench has been good all season and LeBron is godly. But by losing Rose/TT, the spacing has been much better and they are back to shooting the ish out of the three ball. 

Really hope Simmons plays and guards LeBron today. Interested in seeing how someone with his strength and athleticism could do against LeBron. And even aside from that match up, it is a damn good match up between two teams playing good ball. 

The bottom of the West has been so bad mostly due to injuries that the 8-11 Lakers are only .5 game off from the 8th seed lol.

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rockets are a problem regardless of what you think of Paul/Harden. Both have had some really good stretches in the playoffs mixed in with some suspect play. Harden more so than Paul. But this is why having each other will help both out. This team is unstoppable offensively, and a top 10 defensive unit. Have much better depth with the additions of Tucker and Luc. Now they could roll out a unit of CP3/Gordon/Harden/Tucker/Capela end of games which is a problem on both ends. And if they need even more scoring, just put in Anderson for Capela. Or you could put Tucker at C and Ariza at PF. But not having to rely on Anderson who could be a big liability on the defensive end is also huge. Paul having the type of mid range game he has can't be understated in the playoffs. 

Yea I think the CP3/Harden cant work thing was just people trying to create a storyline where there wasn't one. When you swap Beverley for CP3 and don't really sacrifice depth its a giant addition. His teams haven't gotten as far but CP3 has been killer in the playoffs

17 minutes ago, amac said:

Yea I think the CP3/Harden cant work thing was just people trying to create a storyline where there wasn't one. When you swap Beverley for CP3 and don't really sacrifice depth its a giant addition. His teams haven't gotten as far but CP3 has been killer in the playoffs

People forget Paul at the very least is on par with Beverley as a shooter. You could argue he is better than Beverley is shooting.  We upgraded big time.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

Beverley is a pretty good shooter.  Especially the last 3 seasons if you include the 11 games he played with the Clippers.

40 %, 38 %, 40 $  from 3.

I mean maybe from 3 Beverley is close to being on-par with Paul, but Paul is one of the deadliest shooters in the mid-range game. Paired with his yearly 38% or so from 3 and around 85% from FT.

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

I mean maybe from 3 Beverley is close to being on-par with Paul, but Paul is one of the deadliest shooters in the mid-range game. Paired with his yearly 38% or so from 3 and around 85% from FT.

its tough to judge mid range with Beverley because rockets rarely take them but as far as threes Beverley was very good.  One of the main reasons he was a nice fit with Harden. 

3 hours ago, amac said:

Yup, and even then talent > fit. I remember having this exact argument with a certain someone (won't say who... but Rammy) when they signed CP3. It was always going to work and anyone who thought otherwise was just plain wrong. 

2 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Yup, and even then talent > fit. I remember having this exact argument with a certain someone (won't say who... but Rammy) when they signed CP3. It was always going to work and anyone who thought otherwise was just plain wrong. 

I don't think they i said they wouldn't fit. Find me that post.. All i said is that no matter what the roxs do, They'll always be second or 3rd fiddle. 

Archived