2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Via the Ringer NBA pod, the only #1 draft picks that have won a title with the team that drafted them over the last 20 years were Lebron (and he left and came back), Kyrie (because Lebron) and Duncan. The only other top 5 pick that has won a title with the team that drafted them was Wade. The only other top 5 picks that have even been to a Finals with the teams that drafted them were the OKC guys (Westbrook, KD, and Harden). Pretty crazy.

All stats over the last 20 years. 

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Lonzo has the worst FG% over the first 20 games of his career of anyone over the last 30 years. I knew he wouldn't be able to score in the NBA but dang.

In any other NBA generation it wouldn't really all that much. But in today's NBA if you can't shoot then your screwed. That's one if the reasons why I say today's NBA is better because you can't be one dimensional and be great. You have to be multi-faceted.

Watched the Cavs/Heat game last night, first time Lebron ever got ejected, thought that was interesting. Cavs are looking dominant right now, if they could get Gasol they would have to be considered the East favorites and possibly league favorites.

3 hours ago, Swift21 said:

3 years ago on this forum I said Steph's game would age better than Blake's game. Most around here weren't buying it.

Ummm really?  Seems fairly obvious that a shooter is gonna age better than an athlete.  Either way Blake got hurt going for a loose ball and some one falling on top of his leg so its not like the same thing couldn't happen to Steph because of his "game".

8 hours ago, tom cody said:

Watched the Cavs/Heat game last night, first time Lebron ever got ejected, thought that was interesting. Cavs are looking dominant right now, if they could get Gasol they would have to be considered the East favorites and possibly league favorites.

What Memphis just did they are not trading Gasoline. They choose him over their coach. Cavs need to go rescue DJ from the Clippers. 

Over their 9 game winning streak the Cavs have the 4th best defensive rating in the league. I credit that to chemistry, guys getting use to playing with one another, Lue learning how to use guys and setting his rotation, and the offense finally coming around. It’s alot easier to play defense when you can set up after a made shot. Early on in the season the 3pt shoot was falling and it allow for teams to run a lot easier on the Cavs and lead to easy transition points. This should show Koby that TT isn’t truly import and if they could make a trade a long with the pick to acquire I don’t say DeAndre Jordan, they need to try and make it

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

What Memphis just did they are not trading Gasoline. They choose him over their coach. Cavs need to go rescue DJ from the Clippers. 

Over their 9 game winning streak the Cavs have the 4th best defensive rating in the league. I credit that to chemistry, guys getting use to playing with one another, Lue learning how to use guys and setting his rotation, and the offense finally coming around. It’s alot easier to play defense when you can set up after a made shot. Early on in the season the 3pt shoot was falling and it allow for teams to run a lot easier on the Cavs and lead to easy transition points. This should show Koby that TT isn’t truly import and if they could make a trade a long with the pick to acquire I don’t say DeAndre Jordan, they need to try and make it

Yall only played 2 good teams during that span.

Archived