2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah, I saw that too and the earlier post in here had me worried. Davis and Cousins have been a force so far; sucks to see injuries and chemistry issues with the "others" affecting the overall potential of this team. Really wish all of them could just stay healthy, so we could truly see how good a big man centric team could be in the modern NBA.

5 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Great news that its not as serious as it looked. But he's missed a lot of games for such a young guy, and as he gets older and his teams looks to make deep playoff runs year after year it's hard to not be worried about whether he's going to be a consistent force. @Pastor Dillon might have a good point with the medical staff it could be that easy of a fix. 

I mean, maybe the medical staff isn't that great? However, I highly doubt the frailty of AD's body can be attributed to the medical staff. Dude is literally a walking injury waiting to happen. Dude obviously has all the talent in the world, but sometimes the body just isn't meant to hold up to the grind of an 82 game season.

27 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

LeBron James definitely deserves to be in the MVP race but I left him off because it seems voters always want the new guy and LeBron is sort of taken for granted

I think that is a myth. He's got the award in years he has deserved it, and he hasn't deserved it the last four years. Only year you could say he had a good case was 2011, but even then you have a lot that argue it should have been Howard, and not James or Rose. Right now with how great the Rockets and Harden are playing, you have to go with him. But James has been just as good, the tiebreaker is the Rockets having the best record in the league or second behind the Celtics.

10 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

putting on weight, not so hard. Keeping it on might be the bigger challenge, at least during the season.

Also, it's a lot harder to put on and keep on the extra weight as a 7'0 footer versus your average 5'10'' guy. Unless your body is predisposed to naturally being that big, it's incredibly hard to retain that much added weight, i.e. the metabolism is so fast that you can't keep up in terms of needed caloric intake.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Also, it's a lot harder to put on and keep on the extra weight as a 7'0 footer versus your average 5'10'' guy. Unless your body is predisposed to naturally being that big, it's incredibly hard to retain that much added weight, i.e. the metabolism is so fast that you can't keep up in terms of needed caloric intake.

agreed ^ see Shawn Bradley under that point.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Gotta take some notes from Jokic. Dude somehow got fatter throughout last season lmao. #GOAT 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
14 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

And as big as a Boston fan and Kyrie Irving fan that I am to me it is a two-player race for MVP Harden and Giannis with Harden having a pretty solid lead, but lots whole of time left. Harden is just too offensively dominant at this moment

Um, LeBron? It's clearly a two way MVP race right now between Harden and LeBron. Harden has the edge, but LeBron is right up with him.

Seriously.  No way Giannis over LeBron right now.

1.  Harden
2.  LeBron

Everyone else.

Archived