2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, champ11 said:

Philly missing the playoffs would be hilarious after all of Sixers twitter doing victory laps a week into the season

Dudes stink without Embiid, I think I read their 1-6 without him. They actually were like three games above .500 at one point playing the toughest schedule in the league, and then they lose to the Suns/Lakers/Kings/Bulls. Terrible. 

52 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Apparently some dude that has 'sources" on clutchfans (i don't take anyone serious there) says Rockets are eyeing DeAndre Jordan and could come at a discount if Capela were to leave.

It's not worth it.  Keep Capela.

27 minutes ago, showtime said:

Shouldn't the Thunder consider trading Paul George?  What are the odds he wants to come back to that mess when he hits free agency in the off-season?

they "should"  but they don't have leverage.  Every team knows he is a rental.  Besides, OKC is going to make the playoffs anyway.  I sure as heck aint going to give up a ton for him if I'm a GM.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

they "should"  but they don't have leverage.  Every team knows he is a rental.  Besides, OKC is going to make the playoffs anyway.  I sure as heck aint going to give up a ton for him if I'm a GM.

If they would rather get nothing for him, I guess that's an option too.

34 minutes ago, showtime said:

Shouldn't the Thunder consider trading Paul George?  What are the odds he wants to come back to that mess when he hits free agency in the off-season?

It depends on what is offered. I wouldn’t take crap just to take something. But I think the thunder will look a lot different come playoff time. It’s very hard to add 2 new major pieces. By playoff time they might figure something out and look great. PG could decide to stay. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

it would be.  Rockets could have had Jordan at the deadline last year (it was a rumor) for Capela.  Capela is younger and still developing.  He is also a much better fit in this offense than Jordan is. 

Don't worry, the Bucks will do something stupid like trade Jabari for DeAndre anyways. I'm all for getting him but not at the expense of our core pieces and I'd rather pay the 23 year old over the 30 year old.

Only way I'd trade for DeAndre is if he signed an extension for less than $20 Million per season and even then that's not ideal for what he offers.

Archived