2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It depends on what is offered. I wouldn’t take crap just to take something. But I think the thunder will look a lot different come playoff time. It’s very hard to add 2 new major pieces. By playoff time they might figure something out and look great. PG could decide to stay. 

There's no way Paul George is going to stay with the Thunder.  He has suffered on a personal level so much there - I mean his play, not anything off the court. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Are these Rockets' announcers always so insufferable?

Drexler is, but it's their job to be on the rockets side.  thats literally who they work for so of course they gonna be biased.

anyways,  our streak was bound to end.  i hope the paul injury isnt too serious.  we have no depth with him, capela, and LUC out.

also, Kuzma is a keeper for the lakers.

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Drexler is, but it's their job to be on the rockets side.  thats literally who they work for so of course they gonna be biased.

anyways,  our streak was bound to end.  i hope the paul injury isnt too serious.  we have no depth with him, capela, and LUC out.

also, Kuzma is a keeper for the lakers.

There's a HUGE difference between "being on their side" and just straight up homering it up.  I mean, every teams' announcers do it but they took it to another level.  Literally two minutes into me watching the game, I had to mute it.  It was bad.  The Rockets could do no wrong.

Celtics are a flawed team that struggles to score at times, but damn are they tough to close out. They had no business winning the Pacers game or even having a chance to beat the Heat, but Kyrie is a bad man. Sure folks get mad the ball sticks in his hands, but dude is a flat out closer. 

Klay going on one of those hot stretches again. 7-7to start the game.

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Celtics are a flawed team that struggles to score at times, but damn are they tough to close out. They had no business winning the Pacers game or even having a chance to beat the Heat, but Kyrie is a bad man. Sure folks get mad the ball sticks in his hands, but dude is a flat out closer. 

Klay going on one of those hot stretches again. 7-7to start the game.

Celtics bench troubles are a big problem. When Morris is back it will help some but until Hayward (either very late or next year) is back, every game can fall apart.

1 hour ago, iothar said:

Celtics bench troubles are a big problem. When Morris is back it will help some but until Hayward (either very late or next year) is back, every game can fall apart.

With Hayward they are legit contenders. They will then have enough scoring and won't go on these droughts they seem to go on every game. Without him, they are a good team that may or may not beat the likes of the Raptors or Bucks in the playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

With Hayward they are legit contenders. They will then have enough scoring and won't go on these droughts they seem to go on every game. Without him, they are a good team that may or may not beat the likes of the Raptors or Bucks in the playoffs. 

With Morris I think they beat the Bucks decently. Raptors are a tough team though.

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How many games has Butler closed out now? Early on Wiggins got a lot of the work down the stretch, but now it's clearly Butler's time. Basically his team iyam.

Even though the Nuggets lost, I was so unimpressed with the Wolves man. I didn't even notice Wiggins.....Towns was great, but they didn't get him involved. He was quiet for like three quarters. Wolves won the game on Butler and Crawford jumpers. Thibs gonna thibs. 

52 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Has there always been a team with a double digit win streak this season since the Celtics? Seems like when one team losses there's another that wins it's 10th.

Cavs/Rockets/Warriors have followed suit with double digit win streaks. Crazy.

Archived