2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

I haven't seen a soul say that those two can't work together since the season started tbh.

@J-ALL-DAY If Murray turns into a closer the Nuggets are going to be so good moving forward. Lost so many close games in the Jokic era 

He's the only one with the potential of being THAT guy on the roster right now. Big time and 1 to take the lead today. Shooting lights out lately, hopefully he starts scoring 20+ more consistently now. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's the only one with the potential of being THAT guy on the roster right now. Big time and 1 to take the lead today. Shooting lights out lately, hopefully he starts scoring 20+ more consistently now. 

Drilled a three to go take the lead at the end too. I actually had the comp to Lillard going, but he's not as patient as Dame. Murray is crazy athletic and such a good finisher though. So fun to watch

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I haven't seen a soul say that those two can't work together since the season started tbh.

They started out a bit rough last year but they've got it going now. There were quite a few hot takes when we lost the first few games we had with Boogie.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, I don't think anyone is questioning the pairing, but the ability to surround those two with a good team. Because despite the UNREAL game from Cousins and great game from Davis, the Pelicans could have easily lost. And the team is kind of stuck with the current core as they won't have much cap space to improve the roster. I hope Counsins/AD stay together for at least three or four more years. 

I don't think it's as much about doubting this duo as much as it is people dreaming of having AD or Cousins on their team and waiting for this team to unravel so they can propose their stupid trade ideas.

43 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, I don't think anyone is questioning the pairing, but the ability to surround those two with a good team. Because despite the UNREAL game from Cousins and great game from Davis, the Pelicans could have easily lost. And the team is kind of stuck with the current core as they won't have much cap space to improve the roster. I hope Counsins/AD stay together for at least three or four more years. 

People will salivate about the idea of signing Boogie or trading for AD and get a ton of ideas, and then in the end Boogie will re-sign with the Pels because he gets the most money and loves AD, book it. 

Unless this team just collapses over the 2nd half and misses the playoffs, which I suppose isn't entirely impossible but I'd be surprised. Team has gelled better lately and our 2nd half schedule is easier than the 1st half. 

As far as the future of building this team, hard to realistically see anything better than perennial 4th/5th seed but things can change quicker than you expect in the NBA so who knows. I won't get my hopes up but after being bad or mediocre for a while I just want to be a consistent playoff team. 

36 minutes ago, NS922 said:

They started out a bit rough last year but they've got it going now. There were quite a few hot takes when we lost the first few games we had with Boogie.

I don't think it's as much about doubting this duo as much as it is people dreaming of having AD or Cousins on their team and waiting for this team to unravel so they can propose their stupid trade ideas.

The two are great together and are also best friends off the court. The bromance is real.

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Making Love the scapegoat? Damn shame...........

Love has been a pansy and shouldn’t have came out of the game. But there are many more issues with the cavs than just him. Mainly Lebron not giving a f on defense and holding the ball too long. Also jr being useless this season and lue continuing to play him regardless. 

Our bench legit looks better than our starters. They actually move the ball and try on d. 

Archived