2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Getting blown out by an already mediocre team that just traded 2 of it's 3 best players. Ok. Yeah, tell me more about how the Cavs have been here before

Sell sell sell.  This season is lost...but that just means they'll be stubborn and trade the Brooklyn pick and their pick for Kemba Walker.

24 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Will Barton is,always gonna try to be the hero. They might have to trade him one day. Lolololol

This is mean smh. He had a great look tonight. Nuggets played their butts off against the C’s and Spurs........ugh 

They won't, but if I were the Cavs GM, I'd go into complete firesale and rebuild mode.

I'd make a deal with LeBron to trade him wherever he wanted (assuming he uses his no trade clause) because I think he's gone.

I'd trade I.T. I've personally never liked his game.

I'd even tried to trade Love, although maybe not this year since you'd get pennies on the dollar with that injury.

I'd unload Shump who is a defensive lockdown guy and TT who is a rebounding machine.

I'd try to trade J.R.

I'd tear this thing down to the studs, unload salaries, keep that high draft pick, and try to trade all of those above guys for youth and potential, hoping I could make it work in the next 2-4 years. I'm worried that this summer LeBron leaves, you don't get great value in return, or worse, re-up IT and stay in basketball limbo/purgatory for a while.

Cavs regular season was in disarray 2 years ago, bottoming out when they got slammed by the Warriors at home and fired their coach right after.

Cavs regular season was in disarray 1 year ago, when their defense was now a mess and they couldn't even grab the #1 seed.

Cavs regular season this year is even in bigger disarray as they basically have slumped the entire time outside of one quality run and are more likely to not have home court in round 1 than they are a top seed.

Playoff success in previous years was fairly similar I'd say come playoffs in the East, but the Warriors got better while they were worse and it was clearly on display when they met, despite the Cavs playing pretty insane individual ball for a few stretches in that series.

I do agree with the people who say that this year is different and the situation feels a lot worse, but I dunno if it matters in East playoffs all that much if they can flip the switch like they did last year. I'm honestly not sure if that switch exists this year as their defense looks even worse and other teams improved, and they might actually not get playoff byes like they've had in the earlier rounds if they finish 3rd or worse. Not gonna bother discussing a potential Finals rerererematch

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They won't, but if I were the Cavs GM, I'd go into complete firesale and rebuild mode.

I'd make a deal with LeBron to trade him wherever he wanted (assuming he uses his no trade clause) because I think he's gone.

I'd trade I.T. I've personally never liked his game.

I'd even tried to trade Love, although maybe not this year since you'd get pennies on the dollar with that injury.

I'd unload Shump who is a defensive lockdown guy and TT who is a rebounding machine.

I'd try to trade J.R.

I'd tear this thing down to the studs, unload salaries, keep that high draft pick, and try to trade all of those above guys for youth and potential, hoping I could make it work in the next 2-4 years. I'm worried that this summer LeBron leaves, you don't get great value in return, or worse, re-up IT and stay in basketball limbo/purgatory for a while.

You aren't trading Shumpert, Thompson, or Smith without getting back bad contracts as well or attaching assets to them.  You are stuck with those 3.

Archived