2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

no need to make a switch yet. I agree they are going to need a better coach, but I'm not sure who would be available or take the job yet. Murray Harris and Jokic love Malone. That's huge

Good point on that but if they don't win anything, their relationship can sour. Not sure, who we could get but he has to fix his late game management. He's made too many blunders last year and this year.

41 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

lemme guess, game of the year would belong to the Rockets beating the Warriors? or any other Rockets game..

I don’t think the rockets have any game of the year candidates so far. 

But come on, that game last night had no D, the winning team had the lead almost the whole game and by double digits most of it. We got a failed comeback and a great final 2 minutes. It’s not game of the year worthy 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I don’t think the rockets have any game of the year candidates so far. 

But come on, that game last night had no D, the winning team had the lead almost the whole game and by double digits most of it. We got a failed comeback and a great final 2 minutes. It’s not game of the year worthy 

It was a fast paced clean game with only 18 total turnovers, had great performances and shot making from both sides and it had a great back and forth finish. To me that game was certainly in the conversation as the game of the year. 

2 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

Damn Monroe is a good pickup for boston. Makes their bench a lot better. 

Did they really need a low post scoring big who can’t shoot 3s and doesn’t really play defense? I think they would have been better off waiting our the buyout market. I think there’s gonna be much more useful players. 

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Did they really need a low post scoring big who can’t shoot 3s and doesn’t really play defense? I think they would have been better off waiting our the buyout market. I think there’s gonna be much more useful players. 

they had 3 bigs... horford, baynes, theis

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Monroe is definitely an upgrade to A Baynes. Baynes is a useful backup center forced to start. Monroe can post up, finish and pass better easily. Probably rebound as well. I was tired watching Baynes and Kyrie on PnRs with Kyrie getting doubled and Baynes not being able to finish shots.

I for one think it is a solid signing.

4 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Monroe became criminally underrated at some point in his career. He’s going to kill it with Boston.

this. he did not fit in with our starting lineup, but he KILLED it off the bench for us. 

he's just a player who doesn't fit in today's modern nba as a starter, but make no mistake, he's a top tier bench player, and anyone can use those.

Archived