2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

They got younger for sure and 3 of those guys at least can shoot so that helps. I just don’t think overall when it comes down to it, and I may be wrong they’re not all that better from this trade. Like do I think that this decreases the chances off Boston beating them? Not really or Raptors? Nah.

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Wade request a trade? I don't see why he'd be a direct trade for a pick and not part of some big deal. Seems like he's an ideal bench guy to help this team in the playoffs.

I'm assuming he requested the trade.  Will likely play out the last few months with the Heat and retire at the end of the season.  

2 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Lets be real, we have no idea how much better this actually makes the Cavs this season.  Changing half your roster mid season and expecting to make the finals is kind of ridiculous.  No one expected them to be as bad as they were before the season started so you have to admit we don't know how good they will be after the trade.  Its no lock that they make it past Boston or Toronto in the East.

Agree. I mean people thought the trade they made for Kyrie was an win on both sides. Playing with LeBron has much bigger impact than people think.

IT is still hurt. After all the drama about the trade being vetoed because of his hip, the Cavs should have just pulled the plug. If he was healthy by now it could be a different story. But for a team with championship aspirations, they got damaged goods for Kyrie

12 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It’s bad for the Cavs because the trades they made was admitting they made a HUGE mistake in letting the GM go and trading Irving away. I like the Hood trade and the Cavs got younger. These guys aren’t helping you come close to beating the Warriors. I doubt they get out of the ECF. The Celtics  is better than the Cavs up and down and that’s without Hayward. So my thinking is LeBron leaves and the Cavs are building towards the future with these moves plus the Nets pick.

Obviously the Kyrie trade looks awful now, and it will unless the Nets pick amounts to an all star caliber player. However, they did the best they could have at the deadline while not giving up their biggest future asset. The way they were playing, they might have not even gotten out of the first round. Now? Back to contention for the East and the bad blood in the locker room is gone. 

4 minutes ago, Darkness said:

IT is still hurt. After all the drama about the trade being vetoed because of his hip, the Cavs should have just pulled the plug. If he was healthy by now it could be a different story. But for a team with championship aspirations, they got damaged goods for Kyrie

According to reports, LeBron did not want the trade to happen at all.  Reports say that LeBron wanted Kyrie to come to camp and that he felt he and everyone could work it out.  The front office disregarded what LeBron wanted and went on with the trade anyway.

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

What's the thought process of the Lakers trading Nance and Clarkson for Thomas?  Is it strictly to dump salary because they surely would not re-sign Thomas, would they?

Pretty much have to look at it from the perspective of two separate deals.  LNJ for the 2018 CLE 1st is the first part, which makes sense.  I like what LNJ brings to the table as far as energy goes, but he's not much more than a 3rd big.  He's not a starting big man by any means.  He's a hard worker, big dunks, and high energy but he's not overly talented.  A future pick is more valuable to the Lakers than LNJ is/was.  As for the Frye/IT for Clarkson swap, they're essentially trading a known quantity for future cap relief.  IF the Lakers weren't planning on being active in FA, that swap wouldn't make sense but they are.  And Clarkson's value is on a win-now team that isn't going to be a player in FA.

Archived