Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is great news! Saw him gone as well, guess that the market just wasn't there for him. Smart business decision not to tag him, let him test the waters and get him back on a cheap 1-year deal.

Things are shaping out better than expected, honestly. If we can get John Brown at WR somehow, we're set to wait for the Draft, I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrei01 said:

This is great news! Saw him gone as well, guess that the market just wasn't there for him. Smart business decision not to tag him, let him test the waters and get him back on a cheap 1-year deal.

Things are shaping out better than expected, honestly. If we can get John Brown at WR somehow, we're set to wait for the Draft, I think.

He signed with Vegas 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Still wouldn’t hesitate to draft an ILB in the middle rounds. 

Yeah.  We need a developmental guy to be the heir apparent after Evans.

I think people overreact to Evans having one bad season.  He was looking like an ascending player before that, and is in a contract year.  I think, at worst, he's a serviceable ILB next season, and someone we don't have to replace right now, but we will after this year.

But it's not like even last year he, by himself, was so bad that he can't be used, especially with Brown back and Long developing nicely.  I say play him at ILB, try him out at Edge in some sub packages, see how it works, and draft a potential replacement in the middle rounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Im so happy Jayon is back. I just frickin love the dude

He is only of the very few players on our D capable of consistently making splash plays. I hope he can stay healthy and earn an extension to be a titan for life

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah.  We need a developmental guy to be the heir apparent after Evans.

I think people overreact to Evans having one bad season.  He was looking like an ascending player before that, and is in a contract year.  I think, at worst, he's a serviceable ILB next season, and someone we don't have to replace right now, but we will after this year.

But it's not like even last year he, by himself, was so bad that he can't be used, especially with Brown back and Long developing nicely.  I say play him at ILB, try him out at Edge in some sub packages, see how it works, and draft a potential replacement in the middle rounds.

I personally doubt that they are ready to walk away from Evans.

But also, ILB is arguably one the most league-ready positions anyway. A mid-round prospect could be plugged in much more easily than most other positions, looking back on is history. So even if we were to go into next offseason with both Evans and Brown gone, which I doubt, I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Edited by Andrei01
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

I personally doubt that they are ready to walk away from Evans.

But also, ILB is arguably one the most league-ready positions anyway. A mid-round prospect could be plugged in much more easily than most other positions, looking back on is history. So even if we were to go into next offseason with both Evans and Brown gone, which I doubt, I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Agreed. Plus, this ILB class is pretty deep with developmental talent, and Robinson has been good at drafting mid to late round LBs so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...