Raiders trade Gabe Jackson to Seattle

agarcia34

Awesome, I said I’d be happy with a 5th and that’s what we got. I don’t think we would’ve got much more from either AZ or Sea even if the agent hadn’t leaked their releases. So in the end it worked out decent. No more revolt lol 

29 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's my take By the time Gruden got here the cap was tied up. But no one remembers that of course lol

Well do you remember the situation reggie was hired into? Much worse than Grudens. No cap, no picks, no players developing. 

Jackson and Hudson were two of my favorites, but it's a business after all. Happy we got something for both of them, and hopefully Gruden makes the most of those picks. I'm not holding my breath though.

Wyatt Davis in the 2nd, Spencer Brown and Josh Myers in 3rd. Rebuild the Line! 

I expected a 2022 6th to be honest... simply because Seattle only had a 2,4,5,6 this year.  Also, we always get way before value back in trades, especially these low leverage type of trades.

Im actually impressed Mayock got a 3 for 7 and 6th back for Hudson and Jackson, given the situation.

im Praying we draft 3 OL (RT, G, C) in the draft and start the RT (a 1/2 Rd pick) and possibly C (3rd) While Developing the 4-5th round G behind Incognito/Good.

There’s so much talent on the OL this draft we could totally rebuild the OL for the next 3-5 years with modest investment and have a collective unit that costs under 20-23M: Miller 16-18, Simpson 1-1.2, 3rd Round C 1-1.5, 4th Round G 1-1.3, 2nd Round RT 1.5-2.5.

I was crazy had Yesterday from the Hudson news.... even after knowing he  asked to be traded.  But the reality is if not this year the OL had to be purged next year.... maybe Hudson stayed though the 22 season but if he did we’d be eating a good amount of dead cap and looking for his replacement at the same time which is never a great combo.

In the end, the total rebuild of the OL can actually become a game changing positive move, BUT we must spend the draft picks on OL and hit on them.

Creed Humphrey, Josh Meyers, Quinn Meinerz, And even Notre Dame RT whose been impressing this offseason as a C Robert Hainsey are all good options.

Cosmi, Leatherwood, Eichenberg, Carmen Jackson (T/G), Spencer Brown, Radunz, Little as are great options in rounds 2 to 4.

Assuming he hits on good starters in the draft.... Mayock can draft a T,G,C in rounds 2,3,4 it’s essentially only “cost” us a 2nd and 5 for 4 swap... and totally turn around his job evaluation.  It’d be even more impressive if he Could maneuver down from 17 to late 1st and pick up a 2nd and 5th for doing so.  At that point, it’d essentially would be A FREE young OL.  If MM can just pull this off and not F up a wet dream.... he’d definitely get off the hot seat.

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I expected a 2022 6th to be honest... simply because Seattle only had a 2,4,5,6 this year.  Also, we always get way before value back in trades, especially these low leverage type of trades.

Im actually impressed Mayock got a 3 for 7 and 6th back for Hudson and Jackson, given the situation.

im Praying we draft 3 OL (RT, G, C) in the draft and start the RT (a 1/2 Rd pick) and possibly C (3rd) While Developing the 4-5th round G behind Incognito/Good.

There’s so much talent on the OL this draft we could totally rebuild the OL for the next 3-5 years with modest investment and have a collective unit that costs under 20-23M: Miller 16-18, Simpson 1-1.2, 3rd Round C 1-1.5, 4th Round G 1-1.3, 2nd Round RT 1.5-2.5.

I was crazy had Yesterday from the Hudson news.... even after knowing he  asked to be traded.  But the reality is if not this year the OL had to be purged next year.... maybe Hudson stayed though the 22 season but if he did we’d be eating a good amount of dead cap and looking for his replacement at the same time which is never a great combo.

In the end, the total rebuild of the OL can actually become a game changing positive move, BUT we must spend the draft picks on OL and hit on them.

Creed Humphrey, Josh Meyers, Quinn Meinerz, And even Notre Dame RT whose been impressing this offseason as a C Robert Hainsey are all good options.

Cosmi, Leatherwood, Eichenberg, Carmen Jackson (T/G), Spencer Brown, Radunz, Little as are great options in rounds 2 to 4.

Assuming he hits on good starters in the draft.... Mayock can draft a T,G,C in rounds 2,3,4 it’s essentially only “cost” us a 2nd and 5 for 4 swap... and totally turn around his job evaluation.  It’d be even more impressive if he Could maneuver down from 17 to late 1st and pick up a 2nd and 5th for doing so.  At that point, it’d essentially would be A FREE young OL.  If MM can just pull this off and not F up a wet dream.... he’d definitely get off the hot seat.

I agree on most of this. The general idea of rebuilding the OL overall with younger, cheaper talent. But I think guard is a spot we could wait a year to draft should we like other players more. OT and OC seem to be sure fire needs and we will have to draft those guys this year. But Simpson was a third round pick last season, that's the range you draft a guy and expect them to be able to start year two as a guard at least. Good is back for 2 years. Incognito can give us another year, and we can sign another guy after the draft or even in camp to be the 4th guard. 

And center is a spot where you can easily find a starter in the 2nd-4th round. We could rebuild the OL completely in two seasons and thus be able to dump more resources into making the defense good sooner. We started last season with drafting Simpson. He will get every chance to beat out Incognito for one of the guard spots, and Richie becomes more valuable because less injury risk if he's the backup or if Simpson outplays him you let him walk and sign a vet minimum type of guy. 

If they are really high on James seeing him on a daily basis they will wait until the fourth or fifth to draft a center and let James have his shot at locking down the spot long term. 

Essentially it comes down to how much the staff believes in Simpson and James and them letting Hudson and Gabe go tells me they have quite a bit of faith in them. I think the idea is that we have guys that started last year that can man two guard spots, another guy we invested in highly that can replace the aging vet, and the other guard can even play tackle if need be. So lets move on and use those resources at other spots. 

I could be wrong, but their actions tell me they are more thinking they have the replacements in house, and thus want to reallocate those resources to other areas on the team. I would not at all be shocked to see a tackle taking in the first or second, and then seeing a center in the 4th or 5th, and then some high upside swing for the fences OL in the 6th, 7th, and undrafted. Let the in house guys have their shot, let the first or second round tackle come in, see what the mid round center can give you immediately, and develop some guys for the future. 

I don't think the drop off would be that severe if Simpson is who we drafted him to be, and the first or second round OT can start day one. I loved Rodney, but if the rest of the OL is solid, I just don't value center nearly as much as most. 

Ultimately i think we did the right thing, and shoot at least we got some draft picks out of 3 players we could have let go off for nothing (Trent, Gabe, Rodney).. gives us more draft ammo if there’s a 1st rounder we’re high on, or just building the overall depth of the team which has been a need over the last 2-3 years and we’re almost there from a talent aspect.. a lot of people thought the sky was falling without letting the dust settle, as Lincoln Kennedy tweeted yesterday.. at the end of the day, a 50-60 mil o-line factoring in Kolton next season wasn’t sustainable with a bottom 5 defense needing a ton of work. I was scratching my head yesterday at the lack of activity, but we made up for it today in more of a quantity over quality approach, which is fine.. next offseason with a bigger cap, I could see a few splashy pick ups depending on who’s available. But overall I’m happy with where we stand after today!

Edited by JarrodR86

34 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I agree on most of this. The general idea of rebuilding the OL overall with younger, cheaper talent. But I think guard is a spot we could wait a year to draft should we like other players more. OT and OC seem to be sure fire needs and we will have to draft those guys this year. But Simpson was a third round pick last season, that's the range you draft a guy and expect them to be able to start year two as a guard at least. Good is back for 2 years. Incognito can give us another year, and we can sign another guy after the draft or even in camp to be the 4th guard. 

And center is a spot where you can easily find a starter in the 2nd-4th round. We could rebuild the OL completely in two seasons and thus be able to dump more resources into making the defense good sooner. We started last season with drafting Simpson. He will get every chance to beat out Incognito for one of the guard spots, and Richie becomes more valuable because less injury risk if he's the backup or if Simpson outplays him you let him walk and sign a vet minimum type of guy. 

If they are really high on James seeing him on a daily basis they will wait until the fourth or fifth to draft a center and let James have his shot at locking down the spot long term. 

Essentially it comes down to how much the staff believes in Simpson and James and them letting Hudson and Gabe go tells me they have quite a bit of faith in them. I think the idea is that we have guys that started last year that can man two guard spots, another guy we invested in highly that can replace the aging vet, and the other guard can even play tackle if need be. So lets move on and use those resources at other spots. 

I could be wrong, but their actions tell me they are more thinking they have the replacements in house, and thus want to reallocate those resources to other areas on the team. I would not at all be shocked to see a tackle taking in the first or second, and then seeing a center in the 4th or 5th, and then some high upside swing for the fences OL in the 6th, 7th, and undrafted. Let the in house guys have their shot, let the first or second round tackle come in, see what the mid round center can give you immediately, and develop some guys for the future. 

I don't think the drop off would be that severe if Simpson is who we drafted him to be, and the first or second round OT can start day one. I loved Rodney, but if the rest of the OL is solid, I just don't value center nearly as much as most. 

Simple clarification: Simpson was a 4th... #109... top of 4th

I like James but don’t Really Like him as the starter.... I think we can “just get by” With him.  Given the low draft capital of a top C.... I’d definitely spend it.... and now you have James and the 3rd rounder and can give the draft pick time to develop.

I like Good but don’t love him, as well.  I’m not certain he’s a starter in 2022.  For the low draft capital of a 4th I’d spend it and give him the rookie year to develop.  

I’d agree with you on spending an 4 on a C and a 6/7 on a G most years.... but this year I think there’s such good value in round 3 for a C and round 4/5 for a G you spend the little bit extra.

I value Hudson’s non-physical abilities a lot.  He set up the OL and was great at it.  He way brought more then blocking.  His run blocking was average but his pass pro was amazing, albeit he’s a C.  However, we didn’t block with him like most Cs.  We left him 1v1 a lot.  That will really be missed.  That’s a great asset to have schemewise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

He'd get off your hot seat.  I trust Mayock with my life.  He's going to make a bunch of magical things happen.  I believe it.