Steelers re-sign WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (1 year, $8M)

RaidersAreOne

It's good "value" for Juju for the Steelers

But they don't have the space for it

That money is going to come from their secondary (according to Rappaport)

It's a good deal, but they have other receiving options. They need to maintain that defense if they want a chance and also to rebuild that o-line

I just don't see how this is the optimal use of their limited dollars

• Like 3

Just now, Tk3 said:

It's good "value" for Juju for the Steelers

But they don't have the space for it

That money is going to come from their secondary (according to Rappaport)

It's a good deal, but they have other receiving options. They need to maintain that defense if they want a chance and also to rebuild that o-line

I just don't see how this is the optimal use of their limited dollars

They lost Dupree

They lost Hilton

and they're about to lose their best CB.

They're going to run it essentially run it back without their best OT, RB, 2 of their 3 best CB, 2nd best EDGE rusher, center, and a deteriorating quarterback.

I'm not even trolling. I don't get it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

ehhh..

If you're a guy who thrived under single coverage because everybody was paying attention to Brown, but struggled as a #1 with Ben - I think your optimal decision is to go to the best offense in the league and thrive as a guy who is going to constantly be open.

If I had the choice of 80 single coverage targets in the Mahomes/KC offense or 120 targets in the Ben/Pit offense, I think its easy to me which one is going to make him more money

He needs a revival season, not another season like his 2020

• Like 1

If I'm guessing - he's taking a one year flyer with team team he's familiar with to hit the market NEXT year with all that new TV money. 

Learning a new system with a new QB could mess with his production. He knows Pittsburgh's offense and he knows Ben, so his production should stay consistent, setting him up for a HUGE payday.

Sure, KC or Baltimore could have given more money, but there's downside in regards to his production. That's lessened in Pittsburgh. 

• Like 4

Just now, ET80 said:

If I'm guessing - he's taking a one year flyer with team team he's familiar with to hit the market NEXT year with all that new TV money. 

Learning a new system with a new QB could mess with his production. He knows Pittsburgh's offense and he knows Ben, so his production should stay consistent, setting him up for a HUGE payday.

Sure, KC or Baltimore could have given more money, but there's downside in regards to his production. That's lessened in Pittsburgh. 

I agree.. But I think it's bold to assume that a Ben that's ANOTHER year older and an offensive line/running game that will presumably be even worse is going to give him a better season than what he had in 2020

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Precisely.

Just now, Tk3 said:

I agree.. But I think it's bold to assume that a Ben that's ANOTHER year older and an offensive line/running game that will presumably be even worse is going to give him a better season than what he had in 2020

Comparing the offers though:

Eagles (let's just assume they did offer, even if it's not exactly confirmed) - Sketchy QB situation, bad team overall, new system.

Ravens - More money, but primarily blocking, new system.

Chiefs - More money (if you hit incentives), clear #3 target though, new system.

Steelers - Less money, familiarity with system, most opportunities to produce IF things go well.

IMO Pittsburgh does make the most sense when you think about it. There's no real perfect option of those potential teams.

• Like 1

Just now, Tk3 said:

He'll get the looks at the least... in KC he's target #3 behind Hill and Kelce (and might even lose out to Clyde Edwards-Helaire getting more touches). In Baltimore, he's taking a backseat to the run game. 

In Pitt - even with Ben and a declining run game - he's the focal point. 

• Like 1