Steelers re-sign WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (1 year, $8M)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I forgot that the lack of volume passing also stopped the Patriots from signing anyone. My mistake. 

you're better than this

Pats pay 2x market value for Agholor and you're using that as evidence that they are a "more signable" destination?

Come on

• Like 1

Just now, 43M said:

What does Lamar Jackson have to do with this?   

Have you kept up in this particular thread?

- Nobody is bashing the Steelers 

- People are saying that Juju not going to Baltimore is an indictment of Lamar Jackson's passing ability. 

- This is News, not Gen.

Here.  From me to you:

4th of july usa GIF

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I get it - but let's just all agree JuJu overvalued his worth on the market.   

I agree.   Ive said it myself.

Its more just about people being obnoxious about this decision.

Its a one year deal in a year where WRs arent getting huge deals.   No big deal....but it is to some because its the Steelers.

I'm going to bash the Steelers pretty hard if they lose Steven Nelson to keep Juju. I mean, there's more going on there than just Juju, but if they end up cutting a young CB to keep a WR on a one year deal than that will be the dumbest Steelers decision since drafting Jarvis Jones.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Have you kept up in this particular thread?

- Nobody is bashing the Steelers 

Bashing Juju for signing with the Steelers from usual haters is pretty clear early in the thread.

- People are saying that Juju not going to Baltimore is an indictment of Lamar Jackson's passing ability. 

What did Lamar have to do with what I said?

Lamar gets bashed on here all the time....funny enough, from the same bandwagon Seahawks/Ravens fan who will trash the Steelers one second, then freak out when someone bashes Lamar.

And FYI, I defend Lamar quite often.

- This is News, not Gen.

Not much difference.   Same crowd.

Here.  From me to you:

4th of july usa GIF

I want a Twix, *****.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Can you please name me the last big-named FA WR the Seahawks have signed during the RW era? The Patriots are vastly overpaying for mediocre WR's lol

Did the Ravens suddenly draft Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, or DK Metcalf caliber players where they stopped shopping for them in Free Agency? Or did they trade for a TE like Jimmy Graham coming off of a four year stretch coming off of being a top 2 receiving TE?

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the Seahawks have to do with this. The Seahawks have had at least two of those guys on their roster every season since 2012. They're not really ones that are going to need to be making offers to players like JuJu and Golladay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Bashing Juju for signing with the Steelers from usual haters is pretty clear early in the thread.

This isn't happening.

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Lamar gets bashed on here all the time....funny enough, from the same bandwagon Seahawks/Ravens fan who will trash the Steelers one second, then freak out when someone bashes Lamar.

I bash Lamar? Weird.

I think you're reading an entirely different thread in the little fantasy land you live in, because the things you're describing aren't happening in this thread.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

It's weird that everyone insistently detracts from Baltimore but pointedly ignores the KC of it all

The simple answer is he likes the city and the fans and the team, and that is commendable

But I'm not buying the "it's the best situation for him" argument floating around

Depends what he values, tbh.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Did the Ravens suddenly draft Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, or DK Metcalf caliber players where they stopped shopping for them in Free Agency? Or did they trade for a TE like Jimmy Graham coming off of a four year stretch coming off of being a top 2 receiving TE?

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the Seahawks have to do with this. The Seahawks have had at least two of those guys on their roster every season since 2012. They're not really ones that are going to need to be making offers to players like JuJu and Golladay.

The moral of the story is no WR wants to play in a run-first offense in Free Agency, especially when they're all signing 1-year deals to hit FA again next year. This isn't hard to figure out, and I have no idea why you think this is some indictment on Lamar Jackson, who is one season removed from winning unanimous MVP while leading the league in TD passes to a bunch of nobodies.

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

It's a weird one, and perhaps I'm not expressing myself well

As a person who lives in Pitt, I appreciate his desire to stay here. It's a type of loyalty you rarely see these days, and I'm happy for him doing the thing that will make him happy. My argument is simply that its not his best career option

I'm more criticizing the team itself and the direction it is going as opposed to Juju in particular

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This isn't happening.

I bash Lamar? Weird.

I think you're reading an entirely different thread in the little fantasy land you live in, because the things you're describing aren't happening in this thread.

I misphrased the part about you bashing Lamar.

Sorry sweetheart, I know I probably hurt your little feelings pointing out that you're a bandwagon troll.

How long until you become a Chiefs fan?

Numnumnum here comes a milquetoast answer. All three offers gave JuJu pros and cons. Baltimore: Pros: Clear #1 WR, Cons: Run dominate offense, new system to learn. KC Pros: Super High Octane Offense, Best QB in the game, SB Contender, Cons:New Offense, maybe the #4 option. Steelers Pros: Familiar System, Chemistry with Team and city Cons: Clearly the worst offense of the three. He chose what he wanted.