Steelers re-sign WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (1 year, $8M)

RaidersAreOne

JuJu may have stayed in Pittsburgh because he wanted to but if he  didn't he probably thought it would showcase him more than the other option, right or wrong. At best he is the 3rd option in KC and he had more yards last year than any WR has had in Baltimore with Lamar starting. Browns is the only WR to get 500 yards there. Snead catches 70% of his targets and struggles to get more than 350 yards there.

There likely would be more team success in those places but maybe not a better scenario to go for a big payday next year.

He wasn't great last year anyway. Dropped too many and isn't really a run after catch threat as much as some of his teammates.Good deal for Pittsburgh though. It just may not lead to a huge raise next year for him, because of him more than anything.

JuJu Smith Schuster has the real humble, blue collar character of a Pittsburgh Steeler and he 100% belongs with us.  

Like hell somebody of his character ends up in Baltimore.  

We produced him and he’s a testament to our greatness.  

Very proud of JuJu!  

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'd love to see us pick up Creed Humphrey or another top C and a G. I wouldn't be upset if we also picked up an OT. 

They’re giving me hell on the Steelers page for wanting us to draft a center.  

It’s by all means the right move. Alabama or Oklahoma.  Either one.   I’d much rather get somebody in the draft than to sign an old washed up veteran who’s looking for a team to retire with.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

JuJu Smith Schuster has the real humble, blue collar character of a Pittsburgh Steeler and he 100% belongs with us.  

Real blue collar tik tok superstar you guys got there.

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Really, imo, Tik Tok is made to be a bigger deal by the media than it should be. He is a good person and, for me, that's all that matters 

Oh I have no problem with the TikTok and dancing stuff. I don't dislike a guy for having some fun on the field, Lamar certainly does, and he's my favorite active player. It's just funny to to see it with the "blue collar character" phrasing in the post I quoted.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Oh I have no problem with the TikTok and dancing stuff. I don't dislike a guy for having some fun on the field, Lamar certainly does, and he's my favorite active player. It's just funny to to see it with the "blue collar character" phrasing in the post I quoted.

No man,  the dude rides his bike to practice.  He didn’t even know how to drive a car until Al Villanueva taught him.  

He has that very old school way about him.  Antonio Brown showed up to practice in a custom rolls royce.  

I knew he wasn’t one of us from the very beginning.  

But JuJu?  Yes, he’s cut from the same  fabric of Jerome Bettis, Troy Polamalu, Hines Ward, etc.

He’s basically the Hines Ward 2.0.  There are strong similarities between the two.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

The WR FA got what they deserved and its about time. I was reading all over the net the worth and ranking on each WR and said they were nuts to pay that's kind of money.

WR are useless if you don't have your roster set to make a run. EX Goliday they were saying 100M+ and the Pats should target him!!! What the heck was he going to do on the Pats. I'll tell you, Jack crap. Also cap space is basically gone on one signing. No additional 100 players signed!!!😁

WR = Ornaments without the trees there useless!!

The only reason Ju Ju went to Pitt is becasuse  he lost in the market and will try next year. His mind set Why move to Ravans for a year and up route everything. I will get mine next year!!!!

I hope all team finally figure this out. Your need a WR unit have them doing there part within the offense. IMO all you need are WR that can play at the (good) NFL level. Goliday 100+ Samuals 14M, Fuller 14/15M Ju JU 16M are you frigging kidding me.

Do you really think Goliday to the Giants is going to turn them into a SB contender in the next 3/4 years, with 100M in his bank acct!!! If he signs now below his value, its going to be short term, what a waste of money and time for the G Men.

5 minutes ago, m haynes said:

The WR FA got what they deserved and its about time. I was reading all over the net the worth and ranking on each WR and said they were nuts to pay that's kind of money.

WR are useless if you don't have your roster set to make a run. EX Goliday they were saying 100M+ and the Pats should target him!!! What the heck was he going to do on the Pats. I'll tell you, Jack crap. Also cap space is basically gone on one signing. No additional 100 players signed!!!😁

WR = Ornaments without the trees there useless!!

The only reason Ju Ju went to Pitt is becasuse  he lost in the market and will try next year. His mind set Why move to Ravans for a year and up route everything. I will get mine next year!!!!

I hope all team finally figure this out. Your need a WR unit have them doing there part within the offense. IMO all you need are WR that can play at the (good) NFL level. Goliday 100+ Samuals 14M, Fuller 14/15M Ju JU 16M are you frigging kidding me.

Do you really think Goliday to the Giants is going to turn them into a SB contender in the next 3/4 years, with 100M in his bank acct!!! If he signs now below his value, its going to be short term, what a waste of money and time for the G Men.

Forgot  Has OBJ ever bring a team deep into the playoffs or worth the money paid = results!!! Don't use injury as a excuse that comes with the risk signing anyone. You put a ton of money on ONE player and lost.

15 hours ago, SkippyX said:

JuJu peaked in 2018 with all focus on AB.

• AB had 129 less yards but 8 more TDs and a higher average.

JuJu had a very nice 9 TDs last year. His 8.6 per catch was putrid. (126th best in the NFL)

• Agholor was at 18.7 (2nd best in the NFL)
  • JuJu was 6th in yards per catch on his own team.
  • yards per target - Agholor was 6th at 10.9 and JuJu was 115th at 6.5

Also, if you think Agholor was just handed 26 million over 2 years its because you are a propaganda fool who can't research anything for yourself.

JuJu is clearly a #2 possession WR and got that money.  There was no offers for him being a #1.  I am with other Steeler fans in that I will be pissed if they dump a CB for his 1 year deal.   James Washington would have been fine taking his spot.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

We produced him and he’s a testament to our greatness.  

Very proud of JuJu!  

Imagine being a fan of the team that has had Ben Roethlisberger for the last 20 and talking about how other teams lack good character....

• Like 2