Steelers re-sign WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (1 year, $8M)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

He'll get the looks at the least... in KC he's target #3 behind Hill and Kelce (and might even lose out to Clyde Edwards-Helaire getting more touches). In Baltimore, he's taking a backseat to the run game. 

In Pitt - even with Ben and a declining run game - he's the focal point. 

Will he? He didn't last year

2020 Pittsburgh Steelers Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)

Edit: I mean, 128 targets isn't a bad number.. I'm just saying he isn't a clear #1 there. It would not be surprising to me if he's the #3 in yards again for that team in 2021

Edited by Tk3

It's weird that everyone insistently detracts from Baltimore but pointedly ignores the KC of it all

The simple answer is he likes the city and the fans and the team, and that is commendable

But I'm not buying the "it's the best situation for him" argument floating around

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Will he? He didn't last year

2020 Pittsburgh Steelers Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)

Edit: I mean, 128 targets isn't a bad number.. I'm just saying he isn't a clear #1 there. It would not be surprising to me if he's the #3 in yards again for that team in 2021

I'd be shocked if he got 128 targets anywhere else, and I'd wager #3 in yardage in Pitt is probably more than #1 in Baltimore...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Let's take the two other potential suitors and their production and compare against JuJu last year (129 targets in 14 games):

Sammy Watkins (KC): 55 targets in 9 games

Marquise Brown (BAL): 100 targets in 14 games

He's clearly getting the most opportunities in Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's funny how you clearly see the reasoning for not going to KC, but for Baltimore it's juz "lamar sucks"

I forgot that the lack of volume passing also stopped the Patriots from signing anyone. My mistake. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Let's take the two other potential suitors and their production and compare against JuJu last year (129 targets in 14 games):

I don't blame Juju at all for his decision. That being said I hope the Ravens waive to him at the bottom of the division standings next year!

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's a tough comp, specifically KC. Watkins wasn't a #2.. It was like 3 #3s that all split. If Juju is there he gets way more than the 50-60 of the other guys. He gets at least 80-100, and I'll take that over the bulk in Pittsburgh any time.

Quality of looks matter also

Just now, Tk3 said:

It's a tough comp, specifically KC. Watkins wasn't a #2.. It was like 3 #3s that all split. If Juju is there he gets way more than the 50-60 of the other guys. He gets at least 80-100, and I'll take that over the bulk in Pittsburgh any time.

Quality of looks matter also

Okay let's compare him to Hardman - 62 targets in 8 games.

No matter how you slice it, in KC he's not going to get looks or production because of Hill/Kelce.

In Baltimore, he's likely not going to get opportunities because of how much they run.

His best chance is still Pittsburgh, despite all of their flaws.