Browns sign DL Malik Jackson

JoshBooty

17 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I accept your blame for the overpaid Browns free agents this off-season; luckily there weren't any. We have been the best in the league with our free agency period.

Also, D'Tayne Bowe will be lacing them up this season; you can count on that. He's listed on his wikipedia at 165, but word on the street is that he's got🍖🥓 in all the right places, that some are even using the th-word.

Over the bill

Over the bill

Over the bill

Too costly according to he that shall remained buried. 

Even D’Tayne Bowe can’t resurrect the one and only deayne Bowe. 

23 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

When you point out that Jackson had the advantage of tackling from within a motor vehicle, it makes me rethink my initial assessment of the two.

@Bonanza23? 🤔

“Hasn’t jumped out at me in a few years”

🤔🧐😮

Limp biscuit?

😲😮🤷🏼‍♂️

🍆▶️🚼

🚑❄️🙈

13 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

“Hasn’t jumped out at me in a few years”

🤔🧐😮

Limp biscuit?

😲😮🤷🏼‍♂️

🍆▶️🚼

🚑❄️🙈

THIS IS A FORMAL FOOTBALL WARNING FOR TOO FEW EMOJIS--STILL UNCLEAR SENTIMENTS AND NEEDS FURTHER EMOJI CLARIFICATION.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Everyone we have signed so far is good at certain things.

Everyone has a role to play.

Looking at the big picture, this offseason so far is refreshing.

Indeed. We're going to have a very good rotation of players defensively which is something I can't remember us ever having. We have a tool in the tool box for every possible thing an offense can throw at us and probably most importantly key players aren't going to have to play close to 100% of the snaps all season which is huge really

Edited by TeHDruiD
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

Indeed. We're going to have a very good rotation of players defensively which is something I can't remember us ever having. We have a tool in the tool box for every possible thing an offense can throw at us and probably most importantly key players aren't going to have to play close to 100% of the snaps all seasons which is huge really

And the nerds are not done yet!

41 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And the nerds are not done yet!

What position do you see them trying to add?

Based on the approach so far, Sheldon Rankins (DT) makes sense

Vic Beasley (DE), Trai Turner (G), Adoree Jackson (CB), Malik Hooker (S)

Those are a few that come to mind. They could get crazy with a Golladay signing but I think they wait for the draft for WR

Edited by TeHDruiD

I have a weird gut feeling that we went hard in FA on defense to go hard on offense in the draft. I understand that the defense was bad but just an odd feeling I have that these guys decide to attack the offense in the draft. Outside of Odell (if he's still here) we lack explosion at WR

13 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

I have a weird gut feeling that we went hard in FA on defense to go hard on offense in the draft. I understand that the defense was bad but just an odd feeling I have that these guys decide to attack the offense in the draft. Outside of Odell (if he's still here) we lack explosion at WR

Well we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, besides WR where would they go? T.E.? I doubt it. RB? I find it unlikely. If they got great value on an O-Lineman, sure. I'd say at the very most we use 2 picks of our first 4 on offense.

Even at WR we have DPJ as a youngster who showed good upside.

I expect that if the value is there we get a DE and a CB in the 1st two rounds.

As far as the later picks, I think that is where we will try to invest in future offensive players or a burner at WR. We'll see though.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, besides WR where would they go? T.E.? I doubt it. RB? I find it unlikely. If they got great value on an O-Lineman, sure. I'd say at the very most we use 2 picks of our first 4 on offense.

Even at WR we have DPJ as a youngster who showed good upside.

I expect that if the value is there we get a DE and a CB in the 1st two rounds.

As far as the later picks, I think that is where we will try to invest in future offensive players or a burner at WR. We'll see though.

I'm not really sure man, I can't put my finger on it but I feel something big is going to happen on offense. It's just one of those weird feelings. My gut is a full blown liar admittedly because I like to go too deep down the rabbit hole but I get the feeling we're going to package something together to move up for Chase, Smith or Waddle at WR

They're sitting on 2 3rds and 2 4ths, I gotta think the plan is to move up (doesn't have to be for a WR)

Edited by TeHDruiD

10 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Pedestrian Larry Ogunjobi had 18 more tackles than Jackson in 2020.  He hasn’t jumped out at me in a few years.  It is what it is.

Larry had 6QB hits. Malik had 13. Jackson wasn’t brought in to be this major, play every down player. He was brought in to get after the QB. Something Larry O didn’t do after week4

21 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

I believe they will go hard on defense and that is by drafting defensive guys with their first two picks. I will be pissed if they draft a WR with their 1st pick. Not gonna be happy drafting a guy who would be the 4th WR and the 5-6th offensive weapon. Not drafting a RB/QB/OL with those first two picks because they wouldnt be back ups. They could easily draft a starting DE/LB/DB with their first 2 picks.

I think they went hard on defense with FA because the defensive talent was just that bad!