FFMD WAR ROOM: JAGS FANS ONLY PLS

JiffyJag

16 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

No, the original offer from Philly was exactly the same but I demanded a very slight tweak solely to make it different lol

TCMD was 105 for ZE/231

this is 107 (same pick) for ZE/225

The value gain compared to TCMD here needs to be talked about more.

Took them to the cleaners. Wow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

The value gain compared to TCMD here needs to be talked about more.

Took them to the cleaners. Wow.

Just absolute fleecing.  Multiplied the value for us, ten, twenty, thirty times over, AT LEAST.  If not more.  They basically paid us to take Ertz away.

Nothing set in stone yet, but I have an existing offer for Minshew that I wanted to get a vote on

I won't specify the exact picks to keep the other team anonymous but it would be:

A top 10 pick in the 4th round (107-116 range) and a top 10 pick in the 6th round (185-194 range) for Minshew and 225

Thoughts? @pwny @.Buzz @KhanYouDigIt @JaguarCrazy2832 @Tugboat @Uncle Buck @Charles @skaterbirdhouse

In my mind, it just seems like he should be worth at least a third round pick.  His career numbers aren't all that bad considering he was a late round pick playing for a very young team with a sub-par head coach.  A top-10 pick in the 4th and 6th rounds should be the very minimum we should accept.  From a bargaining standpoint, everyone knows he isn't going to be our starter anymore, but he would still be a very capable backup and we could easily tell the other team that "if we don't get a decent price, it would be worth it for us to keep him."  That's my 2 cents anyway.

8MeNg0i.jpg

31 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

In my mind, it just seems like he should be worth at least a third round pick.  His career numbers aren't all that bad considering he was a late round pick playing for a very young team with a sub-par head coach.  A top-10 pick in the 4th and 6th rounds should be the very minimum we should accept.  From a bargaining standpoint, everyone knows he isn't going to be our starter anymore, but he would still be a very capable backup and we could easily tell the other team that "if we don't get a decent price, it would be worth it for us to keep him."  That's my 2 cents anyway.

8MeNg0i.jpg

It’s not hard to have a mid level QB rating when you always hold onto the ball and take unnecessary sacks and fumble instead of throwing the ball. 

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

It’d not hard to have a mid level QB rating when you always hold onto the ball and take unnecessary sacks and fumble instead of throwing the ball. 

I don't know, pwny.  There are plenty of young QB's we've seen over the years who made those same mistakes but didn't have the numbers either.  I'm just trying to throw some reasons out there why another team might be convinced that he is worth more.  Does he have things he needs to work on?  Sure, but we're talking about a guy who was drafted in the 6th round and outplayed expectations.  He did show promise in some areas, and I just think if we sell him the right way, we could maximize the value.  If I were another team looking for a young QB to potentially compete for a starting job, I'd be willing to give up a third round pick for him.  If I wasn't willing to give up that much, would the guy really be worth bringing in at all? 

That's the way I look at it, but my opinion isn't the only one that should carry any weight around here.  I can certainly respect your opinions too.

43 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

8MeNg0i.jpg

A 3rd is a bit steep imo

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

A 3rd is a bit steep imo

OK.  Maybe I'm over-valuing him.  I have to admit that I might still be suffering from a slight case of Minshew Mania. 

You guys know him better than I do at this point so I'll just take your word on it.  Either way, the price Jiffy Jag was talking about is pretty close to a 3rd anyway, I guess.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know, pwny.  There are plenty of young QB's we've seen over the years who made those same mistakes but didn't have the numbers either.  I'm just trying to throw some reasons out there why another team might be convinced that he is worth more.  Does he have things he needs to work on?  Sure, but we're talking about a guy who was drafted in the 6th round and outplayed expectations.  He did show promise in some areas, and I just think if we sell him the right way, we could maximize the value.  If I were another team looking for a young QB to potentially compete for a starting job, I'd be willing to give up a third round pick for him.  If I wasn't willing to give up that much, would the guy really be worth bringing in at all? 

That's the way I look at it, but my opinion isn't the only one that should carry any weight around here.  I can certainly respect your opinions too.

I mean, fwiw I've told every team that has reached out to me that I was beginning negotiations at a 3rd round pick. The offer that I've put to a vote is, thus far, the best counter I've gotten on that (and actually the initial counter was for solely the 4th round pick, I then re-countered with the ~30 spot move up in the 6th). Other offers that I've gotten have been in the 5th round range, which I don't think is enough to even entertain. 

The deal that I've put to a vote also won't be set in stone until after some of the first round plays out, so the possibility remains that we could get a more generous offer as some team are forced to settle as QBs come off the board. So I think what we have now is a floor for what we're going to get. I'm just not sure if any higher bids will come. If they do, the other GM that I'm in contact with is aware that I'll be going with one of those instead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Honestly if a 5th round was the only offer we got, I’d be on board with that too. He clearly has no value for the team heading forward, so you might as well get whatever you can for him. 

for argument's sake, if I'm the GM of the Jaguars for purposes beyond FFMD, if the best offer I got for Minshew was a 5th during the offseason, I'd hold onto him and wait for a QB injury somewhere and move him during the season. 

• Like 1