Jump to content

FFMD 2021 Detroit Lions War Room


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I haven't been keeping on top of this... but yikes. CB's take 2-3 years to develop. We drafted him at #3 overall. He was the consensus CB1 going into the draft. 

Even if they throw in a future pick, that's not a top 10 pick. Barring Okudah getting into a Deshaun-like situation, I have to imagine that you'd be able to get a late 1st in the 2022 off-season even if he struggles a bit this year and you want to get off of him. 

I think you're assuming too much. There were things I saw from him this season that went beyond bad coaching. I think he was slow. It's possible that he gets better but it's also possible that he proves next year that he was drafted too high in the first place and the Lions never get offered very much for him again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I think you're assuming too much. There were things I saw from him this season that went beyond bad coaching. I think he was slow. It's possible that he gets better but it's also possible that he proves next year that he was drafted too high in the first place and the Lions never get offered very much for him again 

I pulled the trigger, what the hell. We get a good young WR and a day 2 pick

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I think you're assuming too much. There were things I saw from him this season that went beyond bad coaching. I think he was slow. It's possible that he gets better but it's also possible that he proves next year that he was drafted too high in the first place and the Lions never get offered very much for him again 

I would wait and take the chance that he was over drafted by the former regime as opposed to being given up on early by the current regime. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I pulled the trigger, what the hell. We get a good young WR and a day 2 pick

So we've added a mid-tier WR (who principally plays outside and doesn't solve our slot issues) and a 3rd in exchange for the #3 overall pick last year. 

I would get it if you traded Tavai for a 5th or 6th but bailing on Okudah this early seems like a bad move. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

... wow. Without running it by the forum, you traded our 3rd overall pick from just last year for a "good" WR on the last year of his contract. What an absolutely awful trade.

This isn't how FFMD works. (Or, at least, isn't supposed to work.) It isn't a GM Mock Draft. You shouldn't be pulling the trigger on franchise-shaping trades without consulting the forum. Terrible trade. Terrible decision.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... wow. Without running it by the forum, you traded our 3rd overall pick from just last year for a "good" WR on the last year of his contract. What an absolutely awful trade.

This isn't how FFMD works. (Or, at least, isn't supposed to work.) It isn't a GM Mock Draft. You shouldn't be pulling the trigger on franchise-shaping trades without consulting the forum. Terrible trade. Terrible decision.

Feel free to take over, forum cop

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.  That’s a ridiculous trade and takes the fun out of a forum wide mock. I wouldn’t have taken it for Lamb instead of Gallup.  Horrible value and lack of group effort.  I’m going to step out for the rest of this. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

For situations like this, is exactly why I put this in the OP of FFMD

 

Quote

 

The Subforum War Rooms are an essential part of this mock draft. At the end of the day, the goal of FFMD is to bring draft discussion and intrigue to all subforums on this site. We want and encourage discussion.

 

We want to give each GM the autonomy to run his war room and team however he wants, but we would like to share a few best practices that can help keep your war room active and happy.

 

Above all else communication is key. As the GM you get to decide how your war room is run but clearly communicate it to your members, so everyone knows the deal from the beginning.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

For situations like this, is exactly why I put this in the OP of FFMD

 

 

He did this in the initial post:

"I want this to be a fun activity which everyone can participate in, and everyone's input will be considered."

It took only a few days for him to go against that, trading our best young player for horrible value in return, and without even mentioning the trade in the war room. What's worse: the only draft pick involved was a 3rd round pick, meaning there was no reason to rush it. That sure didn't stop him.

It's just... unfortunate. This forum can do such great things when we work together, and Sewell at #7 is a fantastic start. All of that was thrown away with this trade, both in the value received and the way the other members were disregarded.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...