One more game.

TypicalBrowns10

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not a fan. Single season records are going to be destroyed. I just don’t see a reason for it expect league wanting more money. 

Yeah, in a way. In a way they already ruined season records with rule changes so passing/receiving stats were already tarnished.

I'd probably rather just go with an 18 game season and eliminate preseason. That is a take I have never had before but we got a preview last year and it seemed fine. Expand rosters to allow players a chance to prove themselves since they couldn't in preseason.

All things being equal I'd stay with a 16 game season with 4 preseason games. If they are going to 17 anyway may as well keep it an even number and add a second bye and eliminate preseason games. Owners win. Fans win. Players... well

34 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'd probably rather just go with an 18 game season and eliminate preseason.

Not so sure.

Think I still might have two preseason games.

That allows players to ramp things up to game speed, which they do not see in camp.

And coaches to see how players who looked good in camp look at game speed.

3 hours ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

I wonder if they are gonna expand rosters at all.

they need to expand the roster and also create 2 bye weeks for teams. It would create an extra week for the NFL to be king of TV. 17 games in 19weeks

• Like 1

Ug.  I read months ago that if this happened it would come with a bunch of other rules.  One being that no player plays more than 16 games.

I hope that doesn’t happen.  Imagine trying to decide as a coach when to make Baker a healthy scratch, Myles, Ward, any of the fab 5 on the oline.  Obviously you would want to pick a game that you think is an easier win to sit some, but you don’t want to sit too many and give up an upset.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

Ug.  I read months ago that if this happened it would come with a bunch of other rules.  One being that no player plays more than 16 games.

I hope that doesn’t happen.  Imagine trying to decide as a coach when to make Baker a healthy scratch, Myles, Ward, any of the fab 5 on the oline.  Obviously you would want to pick a game that you think is an easier win to sit some, but you don’t want to sit too many and give up an upset.

That is a dumb rule.  I think they should consider having these games at a neutral site.  

24 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

A rule determining that the player SHOULD NOT play the extra game? Why even expand the schedule then? Idiotic. 

Quite.

But it should make for interesting game planning strategy and reaction to it.

Imagine: We are going to bench our QB, or stud DE, or stud CB or more than one of them against you.

What does that say to team that we are playing?

Good bulletin board stuff, if nothing else, I imagine.