Even more lazily slapped together Regular Season OT

Thelonebillsfan

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

If the guys in NY are just going to protect their own then what's the point of replay? They need to get an independent company to run reviews.

I actually get why they upheld it. As the catcher is making the tag his glove is pointed before it turns and it isn't clear if he's swiped the shoulder. And at the time it isn't clear whether the hand has come down on the plate or is hovering over it. Pause at about 11 or 12 seconds to see what talking about. Probably safe, but I can see why replay wouldn't overturn that

https://ibb.co/wgqDf7p

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I actually get why they upheld it. As the catcher is making the tag his glove is pointed before it turns and it isn't clear if he's swiped the shoulder. And at the time it isn't clear whether the hand has come down on the plate or is hovering over it. Pause at about 11 or 12 seconds to see what talking about. Probably safe, but I can see why replay wouldn't overturn that

https://ibb.co/wgqDf7p

His hand was damn near at the center of the plate at that portion of the video. I think it's pretty god damn clear he was in. If Zunino actually had tagged him at that point, that you're referencing, he wouldn't have reached the way he did to get him on the shoulder blade.

Also, at the 5 second mark, Andrus comes across the outside corner of the dish FWIW. 

Yeah, watching it frame by frame and full speed, for like the 50th time, nothing about Zunino's reaction to how he reached for Andrus would illustrate that he got him on the sleeve in the image that you froze.

Just my take.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

His hand was damn near at the center of the plate at that portion of the video. I think it's pretty god damn clear he was in. If Zunino actually had tagged him at that point, that you're referencing, he wouldn't have reached the way he did to get him on the shoulder blade.

Also, at the 5 second mark, Andrus comes across the outside corner of the dish FWIW. 

Yeah, watching it frame by frame and full speed, for like the 50th time, nothing about Zunino's reaction to how he reached for Andrus would illustrate that he got him on the sleeve in the image that you froze.

Just my take.

I don't question whether his hand was across the plate, I'm saying it isn't clear if it is on the plater or over the plate. I watched at the 5 second mark and you can actually see his hand bounce up after he hit the ground that is why I'm not sure whether he touched the bag. 

I don't understand what you are talking about regarding Zunino's reaction?

6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I don't question whether his hand was across the plate, I'm saying it isn't clear if it is on the plater or over the plate. I watched at the 5 second mark and you can actually see his hand bounce up after he hit the ground that is why I'm not sure whether he touched the bag. 

I don't understand what you are talking about regarding Zunino's reaction?

He sorta lunges to secure the tag on his shoulder blade so it doesn't really indicate, to me, that he got him on the sleeve. Plus, I don't see the jersey grab at all that would indicate Zunino's glove made contact.

Just now, beekay414 said:

He sorta lunges to secure the tag on his shoulder blade so it doesn't really indicate, to me, that he got him on the sleeve. Plus, I don't see the jersey grab at all that would indicate Zunino's glove made contact.

It looked like one motion to me so I don't think the follow through implies anything. As for not seeing the grab, that is the wrong way to look at replay. You don't look to prove it right, you look to prove it wrong. I don't think you can definitively say that it didn't swipe the jersey

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

It looked like one motion to me so I don't think the follow through implies anything. As for not seeing the grab, that is the wrong way to look at replay. You don't look to prove it right, you look to prove it wrong. I don't think you can definitively say that it didn't swipe the jersey

Watch when Zunino gets his non-gloved hand on the ground and then reaches out for Andrus. That tells me he was further away than the angle indicates so I don't think there's any chance that he got him on the sleeve. 

I mean, not seeing the jersey pull at all is objectively proving it wrong. If contact was made, something would've happened with either the tip of the glove or the jersey sleeve. Neither moved in a way to indicate contact was made. 

On 4/26/2021 at 10:50 PM, beekay414 said:

If the guys in NY are just going to protect their own then what's the point of replay? They need to get an independent company to run reviews.

Actually, they just need to not tell the review team what the original call was.

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol these umps are getting absolutely ridiculous now. Baseball sucks.

As soon as I saw that I said it to myself it's a good thing @ramssuperbowl99 and @beekay414 have been slowly conditioned to these things or they might explode. That was a laughably bad call. Like there are bad calls where you say how did you miss that. Others where you say it was bad but I get how you'd miss that. And then there is a call so bad you question if there was a glitch in the matrix

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

As soon as I saw that I said it to myself it's a good thing @ramssuperbowl99 and @beekay414 have been slowly conditioned to these things or they might explode. That was a laughably bad call. Like there are bad calls where you say how did you miss that. Others where you say it was bad but I get how you'd miss that. And then there is a call so bad you question if there was a glitch in the matrix

Best part about it was Diaz was on the grass, so had the baseball hit him, he would've been out for interference. Nothing about that call made any sense whatsoever and I absolutely do not know how Counsell didn't get ejected after that. I would've ripped Marty Foster a new butthole and called him every synonym of inept as you could think of.

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

On the scale of sports infuriation, this was like a 3/10.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1