News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

On 4/4/2023 at 7:18 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

The 5th-year option is cheaper than if we had to franchise him next year if he has a good or great year, so it makes sense to franchise give him the 5th-year option. 

Also, Montez Sweat is a free agent after this year. It makes zero sense to have Sweat & Chase as free agents in the same offseason.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The 5th-year option is cheaper than if we had to franchise him next year if he has a good or great year, so it makes sense to franchise give him the 5th-year option. 

Also, Montez Sweat is a free agent after this year. It makes zero sense to have Sweat & Chase as free agents in the same offseason.

I don't think enough people realize that, not only is it a possibility, IMO it is likely that neither Chase or Sweat are on the team for the 2024 season.

You have to produce from that position. Neither of them are in the top half of their positions and neither have cracked double digit sacks in their careers. While still young, investing a 2nd contract to a player based off potential instead of production is not how it works. We need double digit sack production from a stud DE.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't think enough people realize that, not only is it a possibility, IMO it is likely that neither Chase or Sweat are on the team for the 2024 season.

You have to produce from that position. Neither of them are in the top half of their positions and neither have cracked double digit sacks in their careers. While still young, investing a 2nd contract to a player based off potential instead of production is not how it works. We need double digit sack production from a stud DE.

Montez Sweat isn't even that young anymore. He's only a year & a half younger than Jon Allen & he's a year older than Da’Ron Payne who was drafted the year before him. 

I think Chase will be on our team more likely than Rivera will still be coaching our team. 😂 

Sweat seems like the odd man out to me.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

Montez Sweat isn't even that young anymore. He's only a year & a half younger than Jon Allen & he's a year older than Da’Ron Payne who was drafted the year before him. 

I think Chase will be on our team more likely than Rivera will still be coaching out team. 😂 

Sweat seems like the odd man out to me.

I hope that Chase earns the right to still be employed here. The kid looked extremely talented. Injuries and inconsistent play has plagued his career thus far, but hopefully almost two years removed from his injury he will be closer to the player that got drafted #2 overall again.

I think Rivera will also be gone. Had the sale happened at the end of the season and not taken this long, he probably would have been gone already.

Sweat is an above average player. He is a good guy to have on the roster, but if he wants to break the bank, he should take his services elsewhere.

• Like 1

Working his way back to the starting lineup in time for the 2022 season, Roullier unbelievably injured his knee badly on the very last offensive snap in the Week 2 loss at Detroit. Just one more play, and he would have escaped injury that day.

As a result, Roullier missed the last 14 Commanders games, and management in free agency quickly signed former New York Giant Nick Gates to a three-year deal and also re-signed veteran center Tyler Larsen.

Roullier is scheduled to count $12,420,000 against the 2023 Commanders’ salary cap. Are the Commanders waiting to see how the knee of Roullier has recovered at their OTA or Training Camp?

Might they simply be waiting to cut him after June 1? You see, if they cut him before June 1, Roullier would be an $8,100,000 cap hit and a $4,320,000 cap savings. On the other hand, if they cut Roullier after June 1, he would be a $4,050,000 cap hit and an $8,370,000 cap savings.

On 4/10/2023 at 8:08 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Working his way back to the starting lineup in time for the 2022 season, Roullier unbelievably injured his knee badly on the very last offensive snap in the Week 2 loss at Detroit. Just one more play, and he would have escaped injury that day.

As a result, Roullier missed the last 14 Commanders games, and management in free agency quickly signed former New York Giant Nick Gates to a three-year deal and also re-signed veteran center Tyler Larsen.

Roullier is scheduled to count $12,420,000 against the 2023 Commanders’ salary cap. Are the Commanders waiting to see how the knee of Roullier has recovered at their OTA or Training Camp?

Might they simply be waiting to cut him after June 1? You see, if they cut him before June 1, Roullier would be an $8,100,000 cap hit and a $4,320,000 cap savings. On the other hand, if they cut Roullier after June 1, he would be a $4,050,000 cap hit and an $8,370,000 cap savings.

Could be, I hadn't thought about that but, they could cut him now & designate him as a June 1st cut. 

So, I would think if they were going to cut him, they already would’ve done it and designated him as a June 1st cut.

Maybe not though. They also might not want to cut him to see who they can get in the draft.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe not though. They also might not want to cut him to see who they can get in the draft.

That’s what I think is going on. If they’d decided to cut him loose either way, they would have just done it. Like they did with McCain. That’s the respectful move to make with a well-regarded veteran, which Roullier surely is. 

I think if they land a guy who they think is a potential Week One starter at OC, they’ll let Roullier go entirely. No real sense keeping him at that point — you’d have the rookie, Gates, and possibly Larsen all on the roster. 

But if they don’t land a plug-and-play OC, I’d wager they might push to find a way to re-work his deal and keep him in the mix. 

On 4/12/2023 at 11:05 PM, e16bball said:

That’s what I think is going on. If they’d decided to cut him loose either way, they would have just done it. Like they did with McCain. That’s the respectful move to make with a well-regarded veteran, which Roullier surely is. 

I think if they land a guy who they think is a potential Week One starter at OC, they’ll let Roullier go entirely. No real sense keeping him at that point — you’d have the rookie, Gates, and possibly Larsen all on the roster. 

But if they don’t land a plug-and-play OC, I’d wager they might push to find a way to re-work his deal and keep him in the mix. 

Could be & could be the same thing with Logan Thomas. If they draft a TE in R1 then they'll likely cut Logan after the draft or if the rookie & young guys they have in house look good in training camp.

I’m really hoping Sam can be a good QB for us and maybe a very good QB. 
Here are stats of a starting QB and I feel Sam can duplicate playing a full season. 

2022 stats: 17 games | 64.6 pct | 3,695 pass yds | 6.8 ypa | 26 pass TD | 12 INT | 94 rush yds | 1 rush TD | 8 fumbles

I was going to make you guess but These are A-Rod’s Stats. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 5:11 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Here are stats of a starting QB and I feel Sam can duplicate playing a full season. 

2022 stats: 17 games | 64.6 pct | 3,695 pass yds | 6.8 ypa | 26 pass TD | 12 INT | 94 rush yds | 1 rush TD | 8 fumbles

I wouldn't be super impressed by those stats to be honest. 20 turnovers is not a good look. 

On 4/14/2023 at 8:11 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

I actually feel Sam will end up with like 4 or 5 rushing TDs for us. I definitely think he can put up A-Rod type stats.