Jump to content

News/Info on current WFT Players


ARTMONK HOF

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Its just something you and I are never going to agree on. 

I Know Lieutenant Dan GIF

Here's to hoping that we have an overabundance of players performing well that put us in the position to make the decision to pay or not. 

I expect them to pay Curl, let Sweat walk and either pay or tag Young. Paying Payne for performing is the right way to go for a team showing its people that they take care of their own.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I Know Lieutenant Dan GIF

Here's to hoping that we have an overabundance of players performing well that put us in the position to make the decision to pay or not. 

I expect them to pay Curl, let Sweat walk and either pay or tag Young. Paying Payne for performing is the right way to go for a team showing its people that they take care of their own.

I absolutely agree they should've paid Payne and Curl should be done now. Its the waiting to see thing that drives me crazy. What else is there to see on Curl? Just pay him now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, lavar703 said:

I absolutely agree they should've paid Payne and Curl should be done now. Its the waiting to see thing that drives me crazy. What else is there to see on Curl? Just pay him now. 

100% Its probably going on behind the scenes. (Hopefully) It may just be a matter of financial numbers or length at this point. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/29/ron-rivera-new-owner-will-have-to-believe-in-what-im-talking-about/

A few cliff notes from this article:

"Ron Rivera said at the league meetings this week that a sale could have an impact on whether the team exercises their fifth-year option on defensive end Chase Young‘s contract."

"The owner has got to be able to believe in what I’m talking about. Hopefully, I can do that. And if not, I’ll be gone in a year."

This is the first time I have heard anyone talk about the sale impacting their decision-making process. 

There has been plenty of talk about Lamar Jackson and why we arent pursuing, I have seen @lavar703 mention before that we can't make any financial decisions, until the sale is complete. I wonder if this one is too rich for a new owner to just inherit. 

Also, there is an underlying "victim" tone when he speaks about "what our organization has dealt with for the past 3.5 years." Hopefully he takes full accountability for his and his staffs shortcomings, but from what I have seen the past 3.5 years, he won't. 

Edited by Slappy Mc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no way Rivera is here in 2024 unless he makes a crazy run to the playoffs and potentially the super bowl. If I had to guess right now, Jim Harbaugh is the coach of this team in 2024 with a GM. 
 

I also think the way they handled this off-season and how they blew through all of our cap space on what essentially amounts to replacement level players, he’s a goner. There is no way a new owner can come in and see what he does that basically sucks the life out of the fanbase every off-season and say “yeah, that’s what we need to get this crowd roaring again” lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There is no way Rivera is here in 2024 unless he makes a crazy run to the playoffs and potentially the super bowl.

Nor should he be here if he still can't win a couple playoff games in year 4.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

There has been plenty of talk about Lamar Jackson and why we arent pursuing, I have seen @lavar703 mention before that we can't make any financial decisions, until the sale is complete. I wonder if this one is too rich for a new owner to just inherit. 

It's weird double speak on the Young comment and this from Rivera. We just spent a crap ton of money, including with Payne. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It's weird double speak on the Young comment and this from Rivera. We just spent a crap ton of money, including with Payne. 

He also started they’re finally building a roster the right way or something. It’s just time for him to go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

 

I wouldn't say it's a "no". He wouldn't choose to do it, but it also wouldn't be his decision on whether or not it's done. After the dust settles, he's either going to be let go or reassigned most likely. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

At least there isn't a lot of unnecessary pressure for Sam Howell to perform next year...

https://www.audacy.com/thefandc/sports/washington-commanders/the-junkies-ron-riveras-job-depends-on-sam-howell

Rivera could start a prime Joe Montana in 2023 and he's still getting fired. No new owner is keeping him and his 3 winning seasons in 12 years record around this franchise. He had this off-season to excite the fanbase before a new owner got here and his biggest pick up was Andrew Wylie. He's toast. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/28/2023 at 12:11 PM, lavar703 said:

I absolutely agree they should've paid Payne and Curl should be done now. Its the waiting to see thing that drives me crazy. What else is there to see on Curl? Just pay him now. 

You always have to wonder if it’s the other side though? Like is Curl’s agent saying no we’re not going to agree to the deal you’re offering now bc if he has a great year & hits FA, he’ll make more.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I wouldn't say it's a "no". He wouldn't choose to do it, but it also wouldn't be his decision on whether or not it's done. After the dust settles, he's either going to be let go or reassigned most likely. 

I think Jason Wright, like Rivera is a nice man, but neither have done that great of a job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...