News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

My biggest “holy smokes” of all this is that apparently Pete Hailey, Michael Phillips, and (maybe) Ron Rivera all aren’t aware that we did pick up Daron Payne’s 5th-year option.

Anyway, they’re idiots if they don’t exercise that option. Would border on indefensible.

Right!!! Like you get 2 years to determine if he is healthy and impactful. But you’re going to rush him into his next deal when you’re looking at Tez and other players in the same situation? We clearly can’t find a FO worthy of knowing how to build a roster through the salary cap because you don’t rush a player when you’ve had 3 years and 2 we’re practically filled with a rehab due to a major injury. That extra year of flexabilty allowed you to keep this group around longer.

• Like 1

Holy Smokes is right . I KNOW 100% that at the time I read they were passing on his option. BUT  he's been in the league 5 years already starting in 2018. THAT's Hard to believe ! I guess I misread that they were using the option but wouldn't do an extension at the time . 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:47 PM, lavar703 said:

My guess is Ron is here one more year and then Harbaugh is the coach. Not exactly what I want but Jim has been flirting with the NFL and the right situation and I would guess a new owner like Bezos with a ton of money and the team having plenty of cap space and a good young defense plus offensive weapons would have to be appealing to him. 

I think the Reddit guys have been reading our forum lol

9 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I noticed at E Bs intro that both McLaurin and Doctson wear glasses. Think how good they'd be if they could see !! Why don't they do the Lasik . sheez .

Assume they wear soft contacts on game day . not ideal.

As long as they’re both catching the ball as well as they are, I don’t care how they’re seeing it. Something to keep an eye 👁️ on though in the future!