News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

49 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

This is (should be) a huge red flag for Chase Young supporters. #2 overall pick and he isn't a shoe in for his option to be picked up...

Hopefully he plays well next year and earns an extension otherwise the bust label could stick. 

*Edit* Also if they decide to not pick up his option, they should probably trade him for whatever they can get since the 3rd rounder in 2025 doesn't mean much (assuming he gets a decent contract anywhere)

Edited by Slappy Mc

5 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

My biggest “holy smokes” of all this is that apparently Pete Hailey, Michael Phillips, and (maybe) Ron Rivera all aren’t aware that we did pick up Daron Payne’s 5th-year option.

Anyway, they’re idiots if they don’t exercise that option. Would border on indefensible.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

My biggest “holy smokes” of all this is that apparently Pete Hailey, Michael Phillips, and (maybe) Ron Rivera all aren’t aware that we did pick up Daron Payne’s 5th-year option.

Anyway, they’re idiots if they don’t exercise that option. Would border on indefensible.

Should they exercise it? 100%. Should he get to play on it? We'll see... 

15 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

This is (should be) a huge red flag for Chase Young supporters. #2 overall pick and he isn't a shoe in for his option to be picked up...

Hopefully he plays well next year and earns an extension otherwise the bust label could stick. 

*Edit* Also if they decide to not pick up his option, they should probably trade him for whatever they can get since the 3rd rounder in 2025 doesn't mean much (assuming he gets a decent contract anywhere)

Or they aren’t very bright. Your head coach bragging that they didn’t pay Daron Payne when it would’ve been cheaper probably shows how stupid our front office is currently. So sure, don’t pick up Chase’s option so when he naturally has a great year it costs the team dearly. 

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

he naturally has a great year

Don't see it happening my man. I've said this before - go back and look at the 7.5 sacks his rookie year. 5 were just flukes- like the QB fell down and Chase touched him . One was a run out of bounds. There really was only about 2 "legit" sacks where he beat his man and got the Q B . 

With the injury which was apparenly worse than most and involving the "good" knee-I'm passing on the option. IF,,he breaks out - we tag him twice ( Maybe trade if possible ) so still have control for 3 years.

41 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Don't see it happening my man. I've said this before - go back and look at the 7.5 sacks his rookie year. 5 were just flukes- like the QB fell down and Chase touched him . One was a run out of bounds. There really was only about 2 "legit" sacks where he beat his man and got the Q B . 

With the injury which was apparenly worse than most and involving the "good" knee-I'm passing on the option. IF,,he breaks out - we tag him twice ( Maybe trade if possible ) so still have control for 3 years.

If you're going to say his sacks were "flukes", then go back and watch all of the sacks he gave montez, jon, and daron and give him the credit for those. You always want to bring up how he doesn't get enough sacks, and then the year he got sacks you now say that they shouldn't even count? Just don't really understand your disdain towards him. 

3 years ago I never thought this organization could get any worse, wow was I wrong. It's 20x worse. Not picking up Chase Young's 5th year is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. Daron's going to be gone. Montez isn't worth what he's going to want to get paid. Chase is going to leave because we didn't give him his 5th year option and will get a huge pay day from someone else. So our biggest strength of the team will lose 3/4, and we're going to keep the oldest guy out of the 4. 

Then we go into a season with a 5th round QB that has played 1 single NFL game, while we have our best skill positions in quite some time. Ron Rivera might be the worst "GM" I have seen. I mean he just keeps making everything worse and has yet to make a single thing better. I am so ******* sick of this moron it's unreal. 

At the end of the day, we have to pick up his option. Take two years at his cheapest we can get him. Give him time to get back to the DROY player that he can be. He is tremendously talented and if he can stay healthy, his potential should be unlocked going into year 4. 

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

At the end of the day, we have to pick up his option. Take two years at his cheapest we can get him. Give him time to get back to the DROY player that he can be. He is tremendously talented and if he can stay healthy, his potential should be unlocked going into year 4. 

You all see a diff player than I . He has no bend around the edge. Doesn't have the power to Bull Rush. Likes to freelance . Just one man's opinion . Sincerely hope you guys are right and I'm wrong- really !

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

The scary thing about this is Rivera most likely won't even be here when Chase is playing on that 5th year option. So if he decides not to pick it up and then ownership comes in after that's going to be a major issue. Also, fans like the ones on twitter and Hogs Haven that just want to dump him now or not pick up the option....if he explodes like Payne just did I'm fairly certain you're looking at a deal in the realm of $30M annually. That would be a $13M mistake by a guy who won't even be here. There is no real way to justify not picking up the option. If you can pay Scherff the same price on the tag multiple times and then pay a terrible QB $11M more than $17M for a 23-year old with a world of potential should be an easy call. 

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The scary thing about this is Rivera most likely won't even be here when Chase is playing on that 5th year option. So if he decides not to pick it up and then ownership comes in after that's going to be a major issue. Also, fans like the ones on twitter and Hogs Haven that just want to dump him now or not pick up the option....if he explodes like Payne just did I'm fairly certain you're looking at a deal in the realm of $30M annually. That would be a $13M mistake by a guy who won't even be here. There is no real way to justify not picking up the option. If you can pay Scherff the same price on the tag multiple times and then pay a terrible QB $11M more than $17M for a 23-year old with a world of potential should be an easy call. 

This is why the sale needs to happen NOW. The new owner needs to come in and say your are picking up his option. I know that's not something we want (an owner that is making football decisions again) but it's very clear Ron is going to be gone so whoever the owner is needs to step in on this one. 

35 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

This is why the sale needs to happen NOW. The new owner needs to come in and say your are picking up his option. I know that's not something we want (an owner that is making football decisions again) but it's very clear Ron is going to be gone so whoever the owner is needs to step in on this one. 

My guess is Ron is here one more year and then Harbaugh is the coach. Not exactly what I want but Jim has been flirting with the NFL and the right situation and I would guess a new owner like Bezos with a ton of money and the team having plenty of cap space and a good young defense plus offensive weapons would have to be appealing to him.