The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Isn't the SLB in Bradley's defense supposed to be big and able to set the edge? Muse is a 225 pound safety convert. 

I'm pretty sure that he's actually in the 230s now since last year.He was 227 during the draft process. I heard that when he found out that he had gotten drafted to play linebacker he gained like 5-10 pounds. So theres that lol

Edited by Jeremy408

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I'm pretty sure that he's actually in the 230s now since last year. I heard that when he found out that he had gotten drafted to play linebacker he gained like 5-10 pounds. So theres that lol

Diablo is currently injured and White/Muse are both former safeties that have never played LB or in the NFL. Don't see the harm in bringing in a guy like KJ Wright. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Diablo is currently injured and White/Muse are both former safeties that have never played LB or in the NFL. Don't see the harm in bringing in a guy like KJ Wright. 

I never said there was any harm in bringing KJ wright I just said we didn't need him to different things.

I said one thing that I see that's really solid is that the defense has a veteran in both of the back field the defense event position and the defense of tackle position Younger guys actually can learn something from whether or not they play. What KJ Wright could bring to the Defense What KJ Wright could bring to the defense is that but for linebackers.That way all three levels would have a veteran that can teach the other guy a thing or two. 

That being said the guys you mentioned are either a going to only play a particular number of snaps because .does Bradley doesn't send the base defense out there very much anyway and the other two are back ups this year. Bringing KJ wright in for depth lol. That said of course I would like him more than Cory Littleton but that's because I never liked Cory Littleton to begin with not because he can't actually be better in this system vs the last system or themes like no one was as good as they should be

just read the full article (guys.. a subscription to The Athletic is definitely worth the price of admission for the Raiders content alone, serious).

Vic's main takeaways was that there actually doesnt seem to be that much competition for most starting spots. He doesn't believe Simpson is pushing either Richie or Good for a starting role. He doesn't think Hayward is losing his job. The open spots are really the SAM backer, which isn't really a full time role in today's NFL with "nickel being the new base". I think this is what they want KJ Wright for... and slot CB, where neither Arnette nor Hayward have gotten reps.

I'm also pretty surprised at how quiet the chatter is about Kwit. Thought he was one of the more reliable players on our D last year, but not only is he being phased out of 2 LB sets, doesn't really sound like he's gotten much run to try to win the SAM role, where his size might be useful

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 4

slot CB battle is interesting because while Lawson is the vet they trust, he has a 2 game suspension. Hobbs and Amik have a chance to make an impact. I've been really disappointed by Amik though. I loved him coming out last year... but I wonder if he's just an undersized outside CB, and not a guy who can actually play nickel despite having the size of one. So far neither Guenther nor Bradley have felt he should get reps outside, though.

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

Arnette said that he was around 175LBs last year because he couldn't bench after breaking his hand(Was orignially 195LBs). That's probably why there were so many missed tackles after tackling never being a problem in college. Said he's 22 LBs heavier than that now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DW1OqDvAZw&ab_channel=Raiders

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

I'm pretty sure that he's actually in the 230s now since last year.He was 227 during the draft process. I heard that when he found out that he had gotten drafted to play linebacker he gained like 5-10 pounds. So theres that lol

When I argued putting Kwiat at SLB in our system most people said he was to small to play that role for us and would not be able to set the edge.  Now this is specifically for the 4-3 under role but I do not see how Muse could do it if Kwiat can not.  Not to say Muse can not develop into a good player.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

When I argued putting Kwiat at SLB in our system most people said he was to small to play that role for us and would not be able to set the edge.  Now this is specifically for the 4-3 under role but I do not see how Muse could do it if Kwiat can not.  Not to say Muse can not develop into a good player.

I wonder why Kwiat cant play SLB

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

When Arnette said that he was around 175LBs last year because he couldn't bench. That's probably why there were so many missed tackles after tackling never being a problem in college. Said he's 22 LBs heavier than that now. 

How is not benching going to drop 22 lbs.  I call BS or our staff is BS.  No way he could not get some work in.  It is not ideal but there are other things you can do with out your hands.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

How is not benching going to drop 22 lbs.  I call BS or our staff is BS.  No way he could not get some work in.  It is not ideal but there are other things you can do with out your hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DW1OqDvAZw&ab_channel=Raiders

He explains it all here. Said he was eating the same but wasn't benching but was doing bands.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I wonder why Kwiat cant play SLB

Everyone's argument against it was he is to small and weak to be able to set the edge.  5T takes on the OT so all he has to do is set the edge against a TE and let the SS clean it up.  No reason why he should not be able to do that.