The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

Really pleasantly surprised to hear that Hobbs has done well so far. Really liked his interviews, post draft. Sounds like he had a pretty traumatic childhood - so was rooting for him from a human life story point of view. 

In terms of his play, I didn’t expect him to come in and impress in all honesty. The little I watched of him wasn’t particularly promising. There was a BD Williams breakdown which was pretty damning of his play too. 

Looking forward to seeing him in preseason. Let’s see if there’s anything in these initial impressions or if he’s just another camp darling. 

• Like 2

Just now, reddevil said:

Really pleasantly surprised to hear that Hobbs has done well so far. Really liked his interviews, post draft. Sounds like he had a pretty traumatic childhood - so was rooting for him from a human life story point of view. 

In terms of his play, I didn’t expect him to come in and impress in all honesty. The little I watched of him wasn’t particularly promising. There was a BD Williams breakdown which was pretty damning of his play too. 

Looking forward to seeing him in preseason. Let’s see if there’s anything in these initial impressions or if he’s just another camp darling. 

Yeah I completely know what you mean about Nate Hobbs surprising. I Also saw the BD Williams breakdown. He also was coached by Lovie Smith so coaching wasn't the issue. All that being said him impressing in training camp is interesting to say the least

19 hours ago, Turnobili said:

a lot of people hated the Ruggs pick, but most people loved the Edwards pick. People didnt like the Muse pick, but liked the Amik Robertson pick.

Point being

Most people are no better at scouting than Grudock lol

None of them have produced jack. Edwards is the only one that looks primed to take a huge jump in relation to where he was.picked. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Point being

None of them have produced jack. Edwards is the only one that looks primed to take a huge jump in relation to where he was.picked. 

There was a time where people so that Edwards and Ruggs were already birth and that we needed to get juju Smith Schuster lol

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I'm really impatient to hear what McCoy looks like......always really fond of him as a player and interesting to hear Hate Nobbs running with the firsts. 

Moehrig might actually not be a big letdown so that would be nice 😀

Thanks guys for posting these little tweets and updates etc. Really interesting for those of us who don't follow on social media

Hate Nobbs 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Point being

point being people here arent just just being blind haters for the purpose of being haters. moves people think are bad are criticized, and moves people think are good get praise. just so happens that this regime makes a lot of bad decisions.

Think the McCoy signing puts guys like Vickers and Dickerson on notice and makes it hard for both of them let alone one of them to make it. Don’t see any reason why McCoy wouldn’t make the team as long as he looks fully healthy and recovered. 

On 8/6/2021 at 4:04 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Point being

Just off the top of my head Moreau, Muse, Hobbs, Maxx, James and Simpson are all going to play at a high level for the Raiders.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Just off the top of my head Moreau, Muse, Hobbs, Maxx, James and Simpson are all going to play at a high level for the Raiders.

Moreau might. Maxx has. 

The rest have not done anything to warrant optimism, and were late round guys at best. 

• Like 1