The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

or he was never really contending for a roster spot and was playing to put on a resume for others

Someone has to play in the preseason games and as you said his performance will likely get him at least a PS spot somewhere else, maybe even here, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

You can make a strong case that Rodney Hudson, Amari Cooper, and Khalil Mack were our 3 best players when Gruden inherited the team and we traded them away for players that haven't really done anything to help the team. And the cap space that we saved not paying them has largely been used on guys that have been massive misses. 

Only problem with that case is come from Frustration from a fan perspective that looks at from whether or not results are shown now  Rather than the individual moves that were made and why they were made.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We had zero plans of moving on from Rodney Hudson, he demanded a trade. He had allowed like 1 sack in his last 3,000 pass blocking reps and is an All-Pro level player. Andre James has 1 start in his career and his PFF grade during that game was 1.9/100, lol. 

12 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

OK let me start by saying  this was my initial reaction too before I started actually considering a couple of things: 

1.  Denzel good was actually a good run blocker so to lose incognito it’s not as big of a deal as you would think. Denzelle Good was actually a better run blocker than Gabe Jackson.

2. I saw this 

Watch for yourself how Rodney Hudson is as a run blocker in the 2020 as opposed to his run blocking.  I’m not even talking about just the plays that highlight him. I’m talking about every run play shown of him in a 2020 game. 

This is actually just not true

André James get paid…

2.5 mil in 2021(he can be cut after this year if he doesn’t pan out)

The most he can make is 3.4mil in 2022(1.9 million is the base)

3.4mil in 2023(assuming he still on the team by 2023 we’ll know how good he is)

By contrast this is how much Rodney Hudson gets paid

2.8mil in 2021(due to the restructure which sounds good until you realize..)..

12 mil in 2022(And you can’t cut him if he regresses at all)

11 mill in 2023(bye then he will be 34 and he still can’t cut him and no one’s going to trade a third round pick for a 34-year-old so you’re going to have to settle for less at this point)

so if it’s an issue of money this one is a no-brainer.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Only problem with that case is come from Frustration from a fan perspective that looks at from whether or not results are shown now  Rather than the individual moves that were made and why they were made.

The Cooper/Mack trades were made so that we could have more cap flexibility. Jon Gruden said it himself. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We never came into the off-season planning to trade Hudson or extend James. We did so after Hudson demanded a trade because we asked other OL to take pay cuts.

How do you know that? How do you know they didn’t ask him to take a pay cut knowing that if he wouldn’t they were going to trade him like they did and go with Andre James?

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

How do you know that? How do you know they didn’t ask him to take a pay cut knowing that if he wouldn’t they were going to trade him like they did and go with Andre James?

Because every journalist that covers the team reported he asked to bet let go because he didn't want to be here anymore? We were originally planning to cut him and then traded him. 

While the timing and speed with which the move came down was surprising, there were definitely warning signs. The trade of right tackle Trent Brown, the hard-line stance with guard Gabe Jackson, cutting Richie Incognito … and there have been loud whispers for a while about Hudson’s frustration with the Raiders only having one winning season in his six with them.